What compares to a Wing Bass for Travel and practice?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by AllFifths, Apr 26, 2020.

1. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    Hey All,
    So I've been lurking and prowling, and occasionally engaging (LOL) on the forums. My story is that I've sold a bunch of amazing basses, ordered what may be my second to last (recovering from GAS) from Prometeus, but in the mean time, and hopefully when things get back to normal or what ev, looking for a bass to take with me for work and out and about...

Found the Wing Basses, wanted to get a 6er, but I've had NO luck finding one. The guys from Wing on IG are super cool but they are slammed and all, so no new 6ers for stock and a special order is months away.

I've seen the MihaDo (...not quite convinced of their quality...[just a guess]), the Stradi, Mayones, Looking for something small and portable...

Anyone got any brands out there I should look for? Obviously availability is the primary issue, but I feel like there are more of these I'm not seeing...?

Thanks for your ideas/comments

Andy Brown likes this.
  2. nonohmic

nonohmic

Dec 13, 2005
    ABQ, NM.
    6 String 30" Kiesel Vader?

3. Gorn

Gorn

Dec 15, 2011
    Queens, NY
    Wouldn't something you don't have to plug in be better at work and out and about? There are plenty of little acoustics.

4. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    Thanks! Didn't know about these!

nonohmic likes this.
  5. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    Yeah, I think since one of the first Wings I saw had a pre-amp, my brain just went that way...:D

6. Acoustic356

Acoustic356 Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Earth
    I was curious about Mihado, so I did a custom build. I wanted a 5 string that was slightly longer than the one they offer with 2 pickups,and the headphone amp.

They started the build 2 months ago and should be shipping to this week.

Here are build pictures. The final picture shows the difference between what is stock and what I ordered. My specs were based off a Wing NT that I let escape....

0B9DBE51-263E-4213-87AC-5DD9F9B7E74C.png 14E79744-1B4F-47EA-851A-31E7F2113FC6.png

Attached Files:

7. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    NICE! I’ve got a 6 coming, please post more when it arrives!

8. AllFifths

AllFifths

Apr 20, 2020
    I actually went with the Mihados partially because they have a built in Pre-Amp and headphone jack...