What compares with SANSAMP???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shiver444, Mar 14, 2005.

1. shiver444

Mar 13, 2005
    i love the sound of the tech 21 sansamp bass overdrive but am wondering if there is anything else i should be looking at?
  2. the mxr m-80 is also quite popular...

are you looking for the sound of the SABDDI or the functions?

the mxr is "similar" in function but is generally considered a more agresive drive... possibly more of a distortion.

also check out the new sansamp products, they are out mid april and both are getting alot of atttention on here!

i'm gonna have the programmable 3 channel SABDDI on preorder very soon :)
  3. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i know that they dont really compare, but the ibanez pd7 bass overdrive is a good bang for the buck.
  4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    I teally liked the Behrenger v-amp, but it was not as well suited for live play if you switch effects and such mid song.

I like my Boss Gt-6b. It cost a ton, but I can have basically whatever I want.
  5. wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    How would you describe the essential characteristics of the SABDDI? That might help others pitch in alternative suggestions that would meet your needs.

Personally, I find mine invaluable as a reliable DI box and to "fatten up" my tone. I'll generally dial in a sound for the gig and leave it on all evening.

One thing I have observed is that the results seem quite dependent on the bass you are using. It works very nicely with my Sei 6 (active Bart. pickups) but when I tried it on a couple of J clones the other day, it had very limited effect on one and "cleaned" rather than "fattened" the other.

6. mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    doesnt mike gordon from phish even use a tube screamer in his rig?
  7. xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i use a tube screamer... it gets a decent sound.