Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What compares with SANSAMP???

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by shiver444, Mar 14, 2005.

1. shiver444

shiver444

Mar 13, 2005
    i love the sound of the tech 21 sansamp bass overdrive but am wondering if there is anything else i should be looking at?

2. the mxr m-80 is also quite popular...

are you looking for the sound of the SABDDI or the functions?

the mxr is "similar" in function but is generally considered a more agresive drive... possibly more of a distortion.

also check out the new sansamp products, they are out mid april and both are getting alot of atttention on here!

i'm gonna have the programmable 3 channel SABDDI on preorder very soon :)

3. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i know that they dont really compare, but the ibanez pd7 bass overdrive is a good bang for the buck.

4. King David

King David

Dec 13, 1999
    Indiana
    I teally liked the Behrenger v-amp, but it was not as well suited for live play if you switch effects and such mid song.

I like my Boss Gt-6b. It cost a ton, but I can have basically whatever I want.

5. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    How would you describe the essential characteristics of the SABDDI? That might help others pitch in alternative suggestions that would meet your needs.

Personally, I find mine invaluable as a reliable DI box and to "fatten up" my tone. I'll generally dial in a sound for the gig and leave it on all evening.

One thing I have observed is that the results seem quite dependent on the bass you are using. It works very nicely with my Sei 6 (active Bart. pickups) but when I tried it on a couple of J clones the other day, it had very limited effect on one and "cleaned" rather than "fattened" the other.

Wulf

6. mksolid

mksolid

Jan 4, 2005
    Brooklyn
    doesnt mike gordon from phish even use a tube screamer in his rig?

7. xan

xan

Sep 10, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    i use a tube screamer... it gets a decent sound.