What could I do with a clarus.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, May 10, 2002.

1. TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    I'm thinking of getting a clarus because it's the only amp small enough for me. I heard from I think AJbassking that it was a very clear jaco sound which is great an all but it's not the only sound I want. I also want a john paul jones tone and james jamerson tone so I was thinking of getting a sansamp bass di but I've never used one so I don't know if i'll get that tube sound then I thought about a tube pedal pre amp like the mesa boogie twin v but for the price I could buy a bass pod I'm just wondering if I could get those great amps from a bass pod running into a the power section of the clarus or am I just dreaming.
  2. Im very Impressed with my clarus. I play a new american series P bass strung with flats. I paired the clarus up with a new Bag End s15b. The amp, cab and bass, put together, sounds very warm, and I can get most of the tones I want by tweeking the tone knob on my P-Bass. I highly recommend the clarus.
  3. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    The Clarus has a pretty clean sound on it's own. What you'll hear with it is your bass and the cabinets more than anything from the Clarus.

I use both the SansAmp and the POD, haven't run the SA through the Clarus yet, but the POD sounds pretty good. The SansAmp is pretty versatile, but it doesn't have presets, so if you want to change sounds often you'll get tired of twiddling the knobs. I think POD+Clarus+small high-efficiency cab would make a great portable rig.
  4. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
    P.S. it's got a lot of power for its size, but it's still no monster. Pair it with efficient, low-impedance (it'll handle 2 ohms) cab(s) and it should rock. Then again even with my Acme 1x10 it does very well for lower-volume stuff (drums w/brushes, not-loud guitar).