Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What could I get for...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Melf, Apr 23, 2003.

1. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Ok, I wasn't sure where to put this so I put it here. I'm asking what kind of money I'm looking at for a '74 Fender Bassman 100 Head. It has one slightly chipped control knob, and one of the tubes blew and isn't original. The sound out of it is excellent in my opinion; it has a minute(almost inaudible; completely inaudible if not playing) crackling to it maybe every 15 minutes or so. I'm thinking of selling it so I can get a louder head; I'd like a non-biased opinion of how much you think it would be worth since I have no idea. Thanks.

2. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Bump

3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Check closed auctions on eBay. Check www.prepal.com to see if the amp is listed there.

Look on www.harmonycentral.com or www.bassgear.com for similar amps for sale. Take it in to a local Guitar Center/Sam Ash/Music Go Round, ask what they'll give you for it and double it.

Good luck!

4. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    Prepal helped a lot. thank you for that link. How do I search ended Ebay items?

Side note: right now it's looking like it's worth $300-$350, which is double what I paid for it:D

5. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Don't count your chickens....;)

Start out by searching in Musical Instruments for the item. This will display active items. Then click on the link in the left column for completed auctions (or whatever it's called). Ebay shows closed auctions from the last two weeks only...beyond that it's in bit heaven:)

6. Melf

Melf

Mar 20, 2003
    Starkville, MS
    closed auctions show that it's as good as I expected, and a little better; some have gone up to $400. Thanks a lot for all your help, Billy B. :)

7. BillyB_from_LZ

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    No problem... Make sure that you take good photos and write a detailed and clear description. Of course what helps more than anything is to have couple of people enter into a bidding war:D

Good luck!