What country would you like to visit?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Phunky, Jun 6, 2005.

1. Phunky

Phunky Guest

Aug 1, 2004
    What country would you like to visit? My biggest dream is to take a walk in Central Park, New York, it looks beauuutiful with all the skyscrapers around, very cool. Someday i'm going to make this dream come true! How about you?
  2. Vorago

Vorago (((o)))

Jul 17, 2003
    Antwerp, Belgium
    Norway; rather expensive tough :meh:

And a roadtrip through the US seems cool too..
  3. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    my ultimate destination would be Japan. The culture, the attitudes, the technology.... so different from here. I love the way it seems to effortlessly mix ultra modern technology and living with ancient customs and ideas. It looks an amazing place, and I'd love to see the anime/manga scene 'at home', as it were.

one day I will visit! :)
  4. Chile!

I'm going to Chile to go to Ovalle, the birthplace of one of my closest friends. And, of course, everywhere else. He says that when I go to Valparaiso, I can stay with his mum. :smug:

And I want to go to Spain again, too.
  5. simpy1

Mar 31, 2005
    New Zealand
    I went to lots of places when I was little (9-10 years old). Like Australia, Japan, USA, Canada, Mexico, France, Singapore etc. Now I want to go to those places by myself or with friends, when I am at an age when I can do anything I want to.

I want to go to Switzerland and Iceland. And do a cheesy NY to LA crossing of the USA on a motorbike. Awesome.
  6. Europe in General intrest me. Germany probably at the top of my list of countries I want to visit. But my closest friend lived there so I have heard alot of biased things about it :p
    We were in the White Mountains on Saturday and she said basically it is what Europe looks like, just add a bunch of castles and make a few of the mountains bigger. It was amazing out there. I wish we didn't leave.

N.Y.C. is cool, I have been there a few times, once was Halloween, that was kind of neat.

Oh yeah and both Japan and China. I agree with Tifa about the ancient and modern coexisting being quite intresting. And kung fu is a big part of my life so China kind of intrests me just as part of that.
  7. We had a similiar thread a while ago so i just copy what i wrote back then since it hasn't really changed at all :)

my list of places i'd like to go again :

Florida ( many differnt places )
    Liguria ,Italy (region in the northwest of italy near the french border )
    Rome ( what a beautiful city ! )
    Nassau , Bahamas
    did i mention italy ?

Places i'd like to visit :

New York
    some asian country (thailand , china )
    and so on...

Since i happen to live in very very small country called Luxembourg it's easy to travel to differnt countries . well let's see , it's about 8 miles form here to germany , 15 to belgium , 30 to france , maybe 80 to the netherlands.
  8. Another vote for Thailand. I lived there for a year 10 years ago and would love to go back. Airfare aint cheap from this side of the planet though.

The moon would also be pretty cool to visit. And I thought airfare to Asia was expensive ..
  9. Bryan R. Tyler

Bryan R. Tyler TalkBass: Usurping My Practice Time Since 2002 Staff Member Administrator Gold Supporting Member

May 3, 2002
    Sweden, actually. Or Norway or Finland- the Scandanavian countries look so beautiful and seem to have a very old-world atmosphere.

I've been to New York many times...it's about an hour's train ride from New Haven. Maybe we can trade houses to save on hotel prices :D
  10. Paris France, been a dream of mine since I was little. I'd also add Japan, I really think their culture is interesting.
  11. DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    But the good thing is that once you get there it's incredibly cheap. Spent about 2 weeks in Chiang Mai in 2002. It's a great place.

I'd like to visit Italy. Also, Australia but just so I can give Latimour a big wet kiss.

brad cook
  12. Phil Mastro

Phil Mastro

Nov 18, 2004
    I'd like to go to Italy and Japan.

I'm also going to Taiwan in august, for two weeks with one of my buddies. Can't wait to get there, it's gonna be a gas.
  13. The Netherlands, Germany, and Belgium. Possibly not in that order.
  14. Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    Germany - First to Munich to take delivery of a brand new M3 and tour the BMW plant (hey, what's a vacation without a souvenir?), then spend a couple weeks cruising the countryside. Maybe I'll drop in and grab a new Ritter while I'm at it ;)

Holland - What self respecting metalhead would go all the way to Europe and not hit Dynamo?

Italy - My parent's have been there a couple times and love it. I'd really like to see it too. The Ferrari factory at Modena has been one of my dreams since I was a little kid. Maybe I'll get one of them too...

Monaco - I want to catch the Grand Prix here, in person, before I die. Preferably before Michael retires too.

Sailing around the Mediterranean. - Load the cars on a ship and send them home (I'll pick them up when I get there), then take a sailboat tour of the Med and Agean, with a long stop over in Greece.

Ireland and Scotland - I want to spend some time in the highlands, cold and rainy sounds good after all the sun...

Iceland - On the way home I want to stop in Iceland for a bit and explore. I wonder what whale tastes like...

Yeah, that sounds like a cool trip. :)
  15. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Oh, most places, really.
  16. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    It's a lot smaller than you think.
  17. tifa

tifa Padawan Bassist

Mar 8, 2005
    Blackburn, UK
    I'd also love to visit the good old US :) I've never been, or really known anyone from the States. This will sound really stupid but that means the only America I really see is that on TV, news and movies! I'd love to go and find out for myself what it's like, see some of the sights, and just see what its really like :)

No doubt it's not much different to anywhere else!
  18. Alvaro Martín Gómez A.

Alvaro Martín Gómez A. TalkBass' resident Bongo + cowbell player

1. Paris. Seems like a dream city to me.
    2. Many places/cities in the U.S.A., but specially Mount Rushmore. It never ceases to amaze me.
    3. Travel central Europe by train.
  19. I want to go to New York or Boston in the US, a few of my friends have been and loved it

I also want to go to Naples in Italy, i worked with a big group of italian students last summer and it seems a really good place n would be good to meet up with some of them again