1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

what counts as loaded?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by xxfaux_punkxx, May 14, 2011.

1. xxfaux_punkxx

xxfaux_punkxx

Mar 18, 2010
    Indiana
    Okay so hypothetically speaking (to avoid getting in trouble)

There's a bass body for sell. No neck just the body, however it's considered "loaded".

What all would it have to come with to count as being loaded?

pickup?
    Bridge?
    Pickguard?
    knobs?
    strap pins?

2. IMHO, loaded would mean a complete body, minus the neck and strings.

There could be varying degrees of loaded, though. A body with the pickups, electronics and bridge, less the strap buttons, knobs and pickguard, might still count as loaded. Maybe...semi-loaded?

3. My understanding is a loaded body would mean a body with everything but the neck. A loaded neck, would mean a neck with tuners and nut. I'm not sure where the neck plate and neck mounting screws would come in, I would think they would come with the neck. (that's a guess)
    I recently bought a loaded pickguard for a Squier VM P, it had all the wiring (pickup included), knobs, and mounting screws.

4. calebbarton

calebbarton

Aug 25, 2007
    Oregon
    I manufacture for several companies including but not limited to: Bridge City Sound, Catalinbread, more.
    I would imagine that "loaded" means its totally upgraded with expensive pickups/pots/great wire/shielding/knobs/bridge/the works.

5. ^
    This. Pic would clearly identify what's there if the description doesn't. Up to the buyer to decide if it's enough.

6. I'm loaded after about eight beers and six shots.

For a bass body, I would envision a loaded body to be fully equiped with upgraded components, minus the neck and strings.

7. What if they were stock components? Would it still count as loaded?

Just curious.

8. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Retired Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Sure. It just means it's got everything except the neck, not necessarily bitchen stuff. I see where you're coming from, though. Like a "loaded" car will have electric windows, AC, GPS, iPod dock, 500-watt stereo, 10 speakers, cigarette lighter, moon roof, turbo, fart cans, cruise control, auto-park, ABS brakes, heated and cooled seats, butt wiper, and a few other things. But a loaded bass isn't like that.

9. First of all, don't assume anything. Make certain you know what's included. In the case of a bass body, I would think it's a standard body with neck and strings removed. I wouldn't expect upgraded components unless specified.

In some states, car dealers are prohibited from advertising a vehicle as "loaded" since there are now so many options available. Years ago, if a vehicle had power windows, locks, and cruise control, it was called loaded. Nowadays, you have alloy wheels, CD player/changer, sunroof, GPS, etc.

If in doubt.......ASK!