1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What device does.......

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by sneha1965, Apr 20, 2009.

1. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Pardon this post if it has been made previously, but I do not know the proper name for the device which can record a track, loop it, and will allow you to continue to build tracks and loop them. The idea would be to have several tracks loop simultaneously so that I could solo over the top in a live setting. This would be for bass guitar.

Also what is a reputable company that manufactures theses?

Thanks in advance!

2. deekay911

deekay911 Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Charleston SC
    Check out the Digitech Jammam - its a looper and phrase sampler in a pedal. Great tool and easy to use. If you want to lay down several tacks you may want to look at either a software package and a DAW, or something like a Boss BR-600 digital recorder.

3. RCCollins

RCCollins Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2008
    San Diego, California
    it's a looper pedal, like the Boss RC-20XL. not to be confused wth a bypass looper

4. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Check out this clip of Ed Frieland:

When I say record a track I mean in a live performing setting. In this clips Ed lays down a bass riff, records a loop of it, then lays down a loop of chords to play over it. Loops that and they solos over it. What device allows him to do this. If the two previous devices do this, please pardon this message but it looked like the demo of the Boss BR-600 was for recording but not necessarily for live performing. Looked like Ed was using a foot switch to activate the recording of a loop.

5. sneha1965

sneha1965

Nov 7, 2007
    NOVA
    Thanks!!! This is what I'm talking about. :)