What Diameter Drivers do you currently use? (check all that apply)

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by IvanMike, Jan 7, 2005.

1. 21"

1 vote(s)
  2. 18"

9 vote(s)
  3. 15"

66 vote(s)
  4. 12"

46 vote(s)
  5. 10"

94 vote(s)
  6. 8"

15 vote(s)
  7. 6"

6 vote(s)
  8. 5"

8 vote(s)
  9. tweeter (any type)

64 vote(s)
  10. other - (please elaborate)

1 vote(s)
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    This a poll strictly for demographic purposes, not to help me decide what to do (i already know thanks - :p ), nor to argue ad infinitem about why one size rocks and another size sucks. I'm just curious to see how popular each size is at the current time.

Check all sizes that apply, and check if you use any sort of tweeter as well. If your cabinet(s) have multiple speakers of different sizes, (like a 15+10+horn tweeter), check each size. Please just put down what you currently use, not what you have used in the past, or what you are considering getting or would like to use. If you're using a size i havent listed, check other and elaborate.

Right now I'm using a 15, a 12, and a 2x10. Sometimes i use one, sometimes i pair them up (i've used each possible combination), and sometimes i bring all three. Personally, i have found something to like about every size driver i've encountered, and if i had the cash, i'd own as many cabinets as tombolus :p
  2. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I enjoy variety. My hi-fi rig consists of tens, sometimes in conjunction with a single 15", which are all housed in cabinets that are ported and have tweeters. My vintage rig is a sealed, tweeterless 6x10".

This is enough for me. The only speaker GAS I have is for an Epi 410 ultralight, but because it would be for my back and not my ears, the benefit would not outweigh the cost (my back isn't *that* bad).
  3. DaveDeVille

DaveDeVille ... you talkin' to me ?? Supporting Member

10's and 15's --
    Bergantino HT310
    { i use Carvin RC210 for practice } ... :cool:
  4. goat1234

Mar 17, 2004
    Just 12's, Bergantino HT-112/EX-112 combo for me
  5. silky smoove

silky smoove Supporting Member

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
  6. NJL

Apr 12, 2002
    San Antonio
    Aguilar 12
    Eden 12 (new version)
  7. todd 4ta

todd 4ta

Apr 3, 2003
    SWR Henry 8x8
    EBS 311 (15", 10", 2")
    Epifani 2x12
    Two Mesa 2x10
    Bag End 1x15
    Genz Benz combo 1x12
  8. lpdeluxe

lpdeluxe Still rockin' Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Deep E Texas
    gawd, I HATE the sound of a cheap tweeter!

...oh, was this thing turned on??
  9. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    i hear ya. although i eventually want to get a bag end coax 15 to go with my non coax 15 and 12 (i've heard all 3 together and it's nice................, i really would love one or two eip 310ULs. The 410 is cool too, but apart from the awesome sound, the diminutive size and weight of the 310UL is just crazy. I'd say those are the only 2 speakers i actually intend to purchase sometime in the future. I'm pretty sure i could juggle 3 epi 310ULs. :D
  10. JayAmel

JayAmel Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2002
    Aurillac, France
    I use 10's. I believe I'm gonna stick to this speaker size, since it perfectly fits my needs.

11. Doug Parent

Doug Parent Supporting Member

May 31, 2004
    San Diego, Ca.
    Dealer Nordstrand Pickups.
    My current set up
    Bergantino HT210, HT115
    GK Neo 112
    GK 1001RB II
    Demeter HPB1 (for variety)
    MTD 535
    MTD Grendel 5
  12. DubDubs

Aug 23, 2004
    Los Angeles
    4x10" but if all goes according to plan (but it isn't :crying: ) 2x12" will be my new setup
  13. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

I like tens and twelves. My BAM combo at church is 2x10+tweeter.

My gigging cab is a Schroeder 1210. 12+10+tweeter, and the most musical sounding tweeter I have heard in a bass cabinet.
  14. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    Nahas 1-12 w/horn
    Nahas 1-15
    Bag End coax 1-15
    Ampeg B-100R 1-15 combo

I'm done.
  15. Funky Doctor

Funky Doctor

Aug 28, 2003
    Seriously, I use an Epi 410 UL, and apart from being able to carry it on one hand, my amp in the other and a bass on my back, it sounds friggin awesome!!! You will do both your ears and back a favour by getting one. And the tweeter! Ohhhhh the tweeter... fantastic tweeter.
  16. Mostly tens although I have a pair of Avatar CB112s that I used quite a bit. I added some large horns to them and turned them inte PA cabinets(which they work great for with subs)but still use them for bass once in a while and love them.

My main cabinet is an Avatar NEO 410 with a Selenium horn insted of the Foster.Tonight's my first gig with the new horn installed,I've used it a couple of times with the old horn and it worked allright but I had to keep the horn almost off.My other cabinet is a Eden 210XLT and it's great.Both these cabs with tens have plenty of low end for me.
  17. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    Endorsing Artist: see profile

3x 12"
    2x Titanium Tweeter
    1x 10"
  18. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

You're not helping.

19. Nigel Tufnel

Nigel Tufnel

Dec 8, 2004
    I don't normally like 10's, but I like the 10's in my acme. If weight and availability weren't issues, I'd use an acoustic 360. If money wasn't an issue, I'd use a whappo jr.
  20. IvanMike

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    wow i forgot all about this thread
    can't say the answers surprise me