1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What did I get myself into?!? - Playing at a BDSM club

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by jive1, May 5, 2010.

1. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    So I get a chance to sub for a local band this weekend doing mostly Classic Rock like the usual Mustang Sally stuff, with a decent paycheck. I get the set lists, and I'm good to go. I'm talking to the bandleader, and he's telling me that it's a pretty wild place and folks do some crazy things there, but they are good folks. I'm like, that's cool, I've played some wacky shows in the past.

The venue is called The Crucible in DC. I look up the venue to get directions, and I find that it's a BDSM/Alternative Lifestyle club and I'm playing on Swinger's Night. Well, never done one of these before. Should be interesting.

2. Make sure you wear jeans under your chaps there cowboy.

3. johnnyz

johnnyz

Oct 23, 2008
    New Haven, CT
    get the tabs for Whip It.

4. AWESOME!!

5. Wonder how many people from congress and senate will attend?

6. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Just be sure to tell us all about it after the show.
    Oh, and say Hi to Maki too...

7. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    oy! My band is playing a nudist resort in August. We have no idea how they found us but they are paying almost double what everyone else is. If nothing else its a story for the grand kids.

8. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    I definitely gotta snap pics. But they are probably going to be wearing leather masks.

9. bongomania

bongomania Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
  10. you'll see plenty of people who have no business running around nude or near nude...

11. You should play my lucite Galveton

511LtiOP77L._SL500_AA280_.

*Not a pic of my actual bass, but I have one.

12. It should be cool as long as the horn section practices safe sax. :bag:

13. jnuts1

jnuts1

Nov 13, 2007
    played a erotic cabaret 2 weeks ago. they asked us to learn a few hendrix, CCR & SRV tunes they had dances choreographed to. it was a lot of fun but you have to keep focused. i blew the intro to Couldn't stand the Weather cause i COULDN'T LOOK AWAY! 1/2 naked ultra hot chicks dancing on the subs in front of me was so distracting.

14. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    You got a codpiece? I'd definitely wear a codpiece. Backup vocals will probably be hard to pull off with a rubber ball gag in your mouth, but I think it might be a good look for you........

15. jive1

jive1 Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Alexandria,VA
    Since I've never done one of these things before, and I know the rule about pics on TB.......

Would it be rude for me to go snapping pics of folks? For educational purposes, of course.

16. that would be a hoot.....refer to the latex'd/leathered/chained up patrons as senator so and so,or councilman,governor etc......and if there's a big body builder type,"ahnuld,so glad you could make it"

17. That's nothing. I played a gay club years ago, which sported a sign over the bar, apparently stolen from from a jewelry store, which read: 'Mounting in 10 minutes, guaranteed.'
    Yeah, THAT kind of place. At the time, I was ripped and tan, and straight(still), and received FAR more attention than I was comfortable with....:eek:

18. Rickett Customs

Rickett Customs

Jul 30, 2007
    Southern Maryland
    Luthier: Rickett Customs...........www.rickettcustomguitars.com
    "Alternate Lifestyle" places are ok to play, hell they got money too....... it should be fun for you ;)

19. randyripoff

randyripoff

Jul 12, 2008
    Chicago
    Extremely rude, and it's highly likely that the venue bars cameras. The people that attend those events generally want to keep that part of their lives secret, with rare exception.

If they do allow cameras, make sure you ask before taking anyone's picture. Some people will love it, and others will be totally opposed.