Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What did Santa Bring You?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by FroggyOne2, Dec 25, 2005.

1. I believe that I put this in the wrong place earlier.. Still was not awake yet! More coffee please!

May I start off by saying that Santa brought me a new Warwick 5 string Rockbass..and a SWR LA12.. It has been 7 years since I have played any at all.. I am very thankfull for these new items. They will be useful in my being able to get my chops back and get me playing again. I truly miss playing. I wondering now what I should do next! Change the pickups in the bass, maybe a new pre-amp in the bass? What would fellow tb'ers think? As for a show rig, I am currently looking at a Ashdown Mag400 or an older SWR SM-400 and Avatar Cabs.. I have a pretty good idea to use a 115 cab, can't decide if to use either a 210 or a 212 cab! As for warming up the voice of the amp.. maybe later down the road tube pre-amp?

Your thoughts and ideas would be greatly appreciated and I would love to read about what others Santa brought them this year!

Merry Xmas and Happy Holidays to one and all!

Doc

2. Dragonlord

Dragonlord Rocks Around The Glocks

Aug 30, 2000
    Greece, Europe
    A playstation. But I guess it's not exactly what you're asking for :)
    Will have to wait a couple of months more till I have the money for a new head.

3. I guess that means that you have the new interactive bass playing game.. only though, how do you win?

Doc

4. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
    Gettin some cash for an 8x10 SVT-AV!!! Which will push the Avatar Neo 212 to the sale block...Hint Hint Froggyone 2... :)

5. denton57
    Registered User Join Date: Nov 2005
    Gettin some cash for an 8x10 SVT-AV!!! Which will push the Avatar Neo 212 to the sale block...Hint Hint Froggyone 2...

Would like to hear from you

Doc

6. An 810 cab is nice.. but at my age.. it ain't happenin'

Plus when I am done with my GAS.. I going to buy my 16 year old daughter a 4 string bass and give her this LA12 that I have right now so that she can learn to play. The local GC has already asked me if I would like to give bass lessons... to which I replied "H@#$ Yeah! What better way is there to be better than to teach!

Doc

7. a lump or a truck of it?

Doc

Maybe You should practice more!

8. denton57

denton57 Supporting Member

Nov 1, 2005
  9. 59jazz

59jazz Infinite Rider on the Big Dogma Supporting Member

My lovely wife chose to give me my #2 request....Eric Claptons "Crossroads" DVD; I'm diggin' Robert Randolph's pedal steel work. Oh....my first choice? A 50's blond Kay 3/4; maybe next year. :)

10. Figjam

Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    I got a boss dd-6 delay and digitech bass synth wah, even though i paid for the digitech, heh.

11. dirk

dirk

Apr 6, 2000
    Memphis, TN
    Well I didn't actually get the head, just enough cash to get it off of layaway at BassCentral. Now I only need to save up for a Bergantino NV425 and I'll have the perfect rig.

I also got a copy of the Beatles - Revolver on vinyl, and some clothes and stuff.

12. m1k3_88

m1k3_88

Jan 23, 2005
    Avatar 410 neo, that should be here in about a week. and by next christmas i should have payed off the yorkville xs400H im renting (high school student on a tighter budget) other than that a nice mic stand so no more (or almost no more) duct tape over here

-Mike

13. IvanMike

IvanMike Player Characters fear me... Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 10, 2002
    Middletown CT, USA
    Santa? Hah!

However, i walked into the local daddy's and ended up putting a 10% deposit on a used bag end S15-D that was in great shape. I really have no buisiness buying it, but it was $280 and as I have one S15-D and two S12-Ds, i figured i needed to be a little more balanced for the really huge gigs. :eyebrow:

14. dancinDaveNY

dancinDaveNY

Sep 27, 2001
    Western NY
    check it out ...
    <smiles> dD

Attached Files:

15. David Vega

David Vega

Aug 28, 2002
    Puerto Rico
    bah!!!!!1 nothing!! I wish a 4 8x10 cabs, and enough power to drive this babys!! and the best preamp!!!, but this is a wish!!

Happy Holidays to you all!!! :hyper: :bassist: