Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What did they mean..?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by BassDmb18, Apr 22, 2004.

1. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    This is going back about 4 years, when my band went into the big local radio station down here in South FL, 94.9 Zeta's Battle of the Bands.. And We did really well, placed 2nd. Won a bunch of gift certificates to Sam Ash and like $100 for each band member. But what one of the judges wrote for me, 'Toast', who was the judge for bass players was "Bass had a unique "icey" sound, and wrote some other good stuff..

Now what the hell did he mean by ICEY?

2. When I think of icey, I think crisp and hard. Either you're quick with a pick or you cut through the mix well.

3. What was the name of your band?

4. BassDmb18

BassDmb18

Dec 28, 2002
    Davie, FL
    That makes sense, but I never played with a pick, still wont. But I can see my role in the mix standing out, I did play a Warwick Corvette Proline at the time that was MEEEAN! Thanks for the input..

Borderline.. we've since dispanded, we had a CD out and a pretty good fan base. Played at The Broward Theater for the Perfoming Arts.. and a few kick ass shows at Hard Rock Cafe at the Sawgrass Mall. :bassist: