Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what did you do for the holiday?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by nonsqtr, May 30, 2005.

1. nonsqtr

nonsqtr The emperor has no clothes!

Aug 29, 2003
    Burbank CA USA
    We're having a weenie roast. My g/f Nicky (who just got back from the UK last night) is down in Chinatown right now, picking up some chickens for the barbecue this afternoon. People are starting to arrive, even as we speak. The solar heaters are turned on, the pool is nice and warm, I've got enough briquets and lighter fluid to supply an entire army. The outdoor speakers are ready to go, I tested 'em moments ago with AC/DC at full volume. The kddie toys are in the pool, the neighbors on all three sides are coming over, sounds like a big-time party is about to take place. I hope y'all are having fun too! :)

2. I'm doing chores around the house - cleaning the garage, mowing lawns, etc - then hopefully jamming and having a BBQ with the guys later on. Sounds like it'll be one helluva party, specially with AC/DC at full blast!

3. canopener

canopener

Sep 15, 2003
    Isle of Lucy
    I'll be going to work in an hour and a half...

4. Which holiday is this?

*Ignorant non-American*

5. i had an exam...
    then i bought a new mattress :smug:
    now im studying for tomorrow... and playing bass... and and and...

have a good one. :)

6. This is our Memorial Day, which is in honor of the service men and women who have fought and died for us...

7. Pause

Pause

Jun 4, 2003
    Miami, FL
    I worked from 8am to 2pm. Later on, I'll be going to my other job from 4 to 11pm.

whoo hoo

8. SteveC

SteveC Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Cleaned the garage, tried to trouble shoot my bass, making diner for me and the wife, then it's off to rehearsal for the show that opens tomorrow night.

9. Nadav

Nadav

Nov 13, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Studying for finals.

10. Ah, thank you.

Studied all day. Fun fun.

11. fraublugher

fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    wow nonsqtr , you sure know how to live , sounds like paradise where you're at , do you need a roomate by any chance ? :D

12. watching the Deadliest Catch marathon...

I love the Discovery Channel... it's just about the only TV I watched, except Simpsons and Sienfeld.

13. i worked from 6AM-12, then did some chores, and i am going to my grandparent's house to eat dinner.

fun fun.

14. I worked. But because I chose to work on a holiday, they decided to pay everyone the overtime wage. Kickass.

15. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    WEIRD! I'm doing the same thing. I got "hooked" on that show after I watched it one time. I want to go out on a crab boat now. I liked the story of the 42 year old guy who just wanted to test out to see if he was really the man he thought he was. We watch alot of the Discovery channel, and Seinfeld around my house too!

I was going to watch some American Chopper later tonight, but I have to watch the conclusion to "Fellowship of the Ring" on CBUT during the same time. Those silly Canadians decided not to show it all at once.

-Mike

16. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    i went to a picnic. rode a quad around for a little bit

then went to work 5-9 at Dick's Sporting Goods.

17. Just got home from a long day of work a couple of hours ago...no rest for the wicked, I suppose. I went to a BBQ yesterday though, so the holiday festivities weren't all lost on me.

18. j-raj

j-raj Bassist: Educator/Soloist/Performer Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 14, 2003
    Atlanta, GA!
    finished moving my stuff from one house to the new condo my girl and I bought at the beginning of this month... played about 2 hours of bass and bought some strings online...

19. DigMe

DigMe

Aug 10, 2002
    Waco, TX
    Saturday - Went out to go wakeboarding, got caught in a thunderstorm, hid under bridge for 30 minutes and retreated to friends' house for the night.

Sunday - Beautiful, sunny day! Spent all day on the lake wakeboarding and wakesurfing.

Monday - Slept in, did a tiny bit of yard work went to see Revenge of the Sith (finally), played some Wolf: ET, ate some good tex-mex, played with the dog

brad cook

20. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Doted on Rich Folks as they enjoyed the nice weather.

Enjoyed the view of the bay at work.