What did you forget to take to the gig?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by StereoPlayer, Sep 25, 2022.

1. That might make a great thread topic! What did you forget for the gig!

I forgot my effects unit the other night…

I take mainly three different versions of my rig. Depending on gig, stage size…pay! :cool:
    And…whether or not I want to show off my tone…:smug:

A single head and cab…no effects.
    Two heads and 2 cabinets, no effects.
    Two heads, 2 cabs, effects.
    9C1AB76F-5564-4F59-8D9B-21647119491A.jpeg

@Kitsapbass

mb94952, mikew31, Fuzzbass and 9 others like this.
  2. Datsgor

Datsgor Supporting Member

Jul 29, 2000
    The last couple of gigs I have forgotten my mic stand. It just started; I'll have to examine the causes more closely.

S-Bigbottom and StereoPlayer like this.
  3. Last gig I took my Super Bassman and HG410 with the Bergantino B|Amp as back up.

Got to set up, no Jack to Jack speaker leads.... so the 60lb Super Bassman didn't get a run :banghead:

4. mizedog

mizedog Supporting Member

Feb 12, 2008
    Similarly, I have forgotten a speaker cable at times. I ran my SVT through an instrument cable. No fires, thankfully.

5. I usually take a backup for that. But I can never locate it at the gig.

KohanMike, B-Lo, S-Bigbottom and 11 others like this.
  6. themickster

themickster

Oct 4, 2015
    England
    I can't recall

KohanMike, B-Lo, S-Bigbottom and 6 others like this.
  7. The Petro

The Petro

Dec 29, 2020
    BPT, CT
    I forgot to change my batteries in my effects pedal. It died in the middle of a song.
    I was having a bad night.
    Just disconnected without muting or anything and a loud pop was heard through the sound system. sou d tech was pissed

8. BassFishingInAmerica

BassFishingInAmerica

Jul 24, 2014
    I once had no extra strings. I broke the E string and had to use a wood screw through the bottom of the string, into the wood body. It held for the rest of the show. I never would have done this if it was a bass that wasn’t already beat up.

9. MarkieT

MarkieT

Aug 8, 2022
    New Hampshire
    The box of CDs… at the CD release show

10. Dincrest

Dincrest

Sep 27, 2004
    New Jersey
    I remember performing this one show where the battery in my active bass died on me and I didn't have a spare battery. I also didn't have a screwdriver to open the battery compartment. At the time I only had the one bass, so no spare bass either.

That's a BIG reason why I vastly prefer passive basses. I NEVER want that to happen again and have been rocking passive/de-active-ated basses ever since.

11. Drummers are good at forgetting things.

Twice in the past year I have played with drummers who played with their snare in a barstool turned upside down. Careful aim was required of them as not to bang an arm on the stool leg.

Various drummers have played gigs sitting in chairs or on an unused speaker.

Cymbal clutches, bass drum pedals........oy......

Dust2Dust, S-Bigbottom, JRA and 5 others like this.
  12. REV

REV Supporting Member

Jun 18, 2006
    I have forgotten my guitar stand a couple of times.

TerenceE, B-Lo, S-Bigbottom and 5 others like this.
  13. Being retired, I have a little more time to organize my stuff for each gig. But it doesn’t mean I can’t forget something.

S-Bigbottom and Kitsapbass like this.
  14. Marko 1

Marko 1 Supporting Member

Mar 9, 2009
    N.E. Ohio
    I'm the kind who brings backups of extras and extras of backups.

I can only claim ~150 gigs, but I honestly can't remember forgetting anything.

Most-gigged band I was in, everything we needed stayed in the band trailer, only needed to remember our instruments (of which I brought two).

This band that's not the case, and only three gigs so far (had to get another drummer and giving him time), but I'm suuuuper organized so I don't forget anything.

Basically, when my rehearsal space is empty ('cept for the drum kit), and all the clearly-labeled cases put on specific shelves are filled (they're actually over-filled) and in the trailer, I know I'm good.

:)

15. Kitsapbass

Kitsapbass What key is this?

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    About a month and a half ago, played a “battle of the bands” and my beloved 800RB got some bad voltage and did some damage. Considering my SWR amp is in a rather largish rack and most of the places we play are rather tight stage wise, I purchased a TC Electronics BQ500 Thrust.
    It’s not a bad amp considering….but due to the size, it’s not something that I can leave in my bass gig bag…or keep in my car to pull out when needed, so I keep it in the same bag as my mic, IEM system and miscellaneous cords.

Anyway, last night I had a gig about 80 minutes from home, packed up everything but the basses and hung out. Left, got to the gig….and realized that the aforementioned bag somehow did not make it to the venue. Absolute disaster…..and then I realized that my Trace Elliot ELF was still in the 5 string bass’ gig bag. Truly lucked out.

Attached Files:

16. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    Oof. Horrible bud. You have my sympathy!

foolforthecity and GTx2 like this.
  17. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I have SO many different configurations, with 3 heads, 5 different cabinets.

it really depends on the size of venue to determine what amp rig I use.

StereoPlayer likes this.
  18. buldog5151bass

buldog5151bass Kibble, milkbones, and P Basses. And redheads.

Oct 22, 2003
    Connecticut
    I always do at least one idiot check before leaving the house and the gig. So far so good in 35+ years.

19. Kitsapbass

May 26, 2005
    Bremerton, WA
    I could’ve sworn it was in the SUV - I made 4 trips out bringing stuff out…but I didn’t. Ugh.

StereoPlayer likes this.