What did you get (and give) for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Richland123, Dec 26, 2015.

1. Richland123

Richland123

Apr 17, 2009
    What did you get (and give) for Christmas?

Since I have a small family and most of them do not give presents, I got a few very useful restaurant and store gift cards from my mother and brother and some homemade cookies from my employee and a friend.

I gave some DVDs, clothes, perfume, a kitchen knife set, cookies, and my brother said I gave him the best presents I ever gave him - they are a personal certificate and lapel pin thanking and honoring his military service during the Vietnam War era. The certificate is signed by numerous local politicians made out specially for him. I was part of a committee for a Vietnam War era veterans recognition ceremony and I had one made for my brother since he does not live here and was unable to attend the event. My brother is rarely speechless; but, this surprise really got him.

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Mktrat and bolophonic like this.
  2. bolophonic

bolophonic

Dec 10, 2009
    Durham, NC
    That's a great gift.

3. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Except for my niece and nephew, and $3 max gifts for the adults, all my cash went to charity this year. I had my parents also give cash to charity in the amount they planned to spend on me.

My wife allowed me to buy an Ibanez agb205 two weeks ago. Three months ago my dad gave me $500 towards an Ampeg pf800; I don't know why but when he found out I bought it he slipped me the cash. I'm 51 and don't need his money but he just grinned and winked at me. He's a drummer so.... I also bought a '50s Classic Precision in April. Yeah I didn't need another present for 2015.

Richland123 likes this.
  4. slobake

slobake resident ... something Supporting Member

The best thing was time to slow down and enjoy my family.
    My grandon really liked the basketball hoop and backboard I built for him. (I like it to and so does my wife.) :D

Richland123 likes this.
  5. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

We had both daughters home; my youngest daughter (26) is a registered dietician and had to help with the Christmas dinner at the facility where she worked, which is only about 15 miles away. My wife went with her to help out and I stayed home and watched movies with older daughter (27). I put a turkey in the smoker about 10 AM, and tended it throughout the day. Wife and younger daughter got back about 3:30. We exchanged gifts about 4:00 PM while playing background Christmas music.

We exchanged some nice stuff, and it worked great - we share gift wish lists all around, about a month before Christmas. I got one of the new Boss FRV-1 '63 Fender reverb pedals, and a trailer hitch for my BMW sportwagon. It's 19 degrees with three inches of fresh snow outside at the moment, so it will be a while before I worry about installing the hitch.

Richland123 likes this.
  6. DavetheDude

DavetheDude

Nov 28, 2014
    Germany
    I received a couple of "small" things and 200 €. I think it's the first time now (I'm 26) that I really felt the freedom and joy to give back. We did "secret santa" this year, so to my sister-in-law, I gave a self-made box, 50 € in there and a card saying 'What does a movie tell us? One ring to bind them all. So here is some money to spend an evening with your husband and do whatever YOU like! ;) ' And my parents got self-made coupons, for 'events'/time with me on my cost. And my aunt got a coupon for a book store. It was an aweseome evening! :)

Weihnachten_Fam_S-4.jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2015
    Pilgrim and Richland123 like this.
  7. Got a dress watch and a beat buddy. Gave a handgun.

8. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 17, 2021