What did you get for the Holidays?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by frankencow150, Dec 23, 2001.

1. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    What did everybody get so far?Only respond to this unless you celebrate Hannukah or any other holiday thats over(if it is).Or if you got early x-mas presents.OR if you found presents.If you dont apply to any of the above,DO NOT reply until christmas.

So far i've found an electric shaver(yeah ive hit that age...) and some skateboarding videos.What did you get?
  2. The good wee wifey bought me a PlayStation 2! :D She rocks!

Heck, that's probably about all i'm gonna get for Xmas...
  3. I got a bill for the cost of repairing a few thousand dollars worth of water damage in the 3 apartments below me. This resulted from my buddy (who has now left the military and gone back to West Virginia) flooding my apartment. Happy freakin' holidays. :rolleyes:
  4. HeavyDuty

HeavyDuty Supporting Curmudgeon Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Not to rub it in, but a new MM Sterling from my wife and mother-in-law.
  5. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    Wow, you must be one of those few cases where the mother in law is actually cool. ;)
  6. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Yup. However, she made me promise to quit telling people that "I'm taking my mother-in-law to the vet" what I drive her and the cat over for shots!
  7. i'm getting a kinal mk5 fretless for my birthday/christmas/chanukah/generic holiday.
  8. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i dont see how some people get whole basses.i asked for cd's,movies,video games,money,etc...

i could never get a whole bass,especially an mm sterling!i guess once you get older people spend more on you:)
  9. MJB

Mar 17, 2000
    Yes, but you also spend more on THEM. :D
  10. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    ahhh that sucks.:rolleyes:
  11. I got a toaster and a router.

We exchanged gifts today, because of work schedules in some of my family.

Some people still get little stuff when they're older.

I'm just happy that I have family that are able to give and receive anything at all.

All I have to do is return it for the cash, and put the money towards getting myself a darn bass!
  12. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i like the way you think herm!
  13. E.O.M.

Dec 7, 2001
    Grand Rapids, MI
    I got a Sansamp Bass Driver DI for early Christmas/Birthday (my bday is the 27th).

I think I saw a cordless phone.

(kinda off topic) Every year when my dad would pick up a present on Christmas morning to open it, he would always shake it and say "sounds (or feels) like a toaster." Every gift. Big or small. But the ironic thing is that last year we actually did get him a toaster, but he didn't shake it or say it was a toaster or anything.
  14. frankencow150

frankencow150 Guest

Oct 17, 2001
    i think your dad was one with the toaster.or he had meditated a few hours before christmas.Either one of them thats pretty weird,but cool.
  15. :confused:What? What's going on? Did santa come early or something? I don't understand!:confused:<br><br><br><br>;)
  16. I dunno how many people these days wait until the 25th to open their stuff - especially those with only one or two things to open!

I'm kinda glad my wifey didn't buy me anything musical, but then again she knows well enough to let me pick out what I want/need than to buy me the wrong item. I'm a fussy bugger!
  17. HeavyDuty

Jun 26, 2000
    Suburban Chicago, IL
    Actually, the Sterling was totally out of left field. We had all agreed to not exchange gifts this year. My mother-in-law did it (and talked my wife into it) on the spur-of-the-moment.
  18. My family always waits until Christmas to open presents. We have a very traditional european christmas, even though we are second generation Americans, and I love it. Our christmas has so much more meaning than just giving presents to each other......

Now that I got that out of the way:D I have found two of the three things I asked for, a Behringer Composer, and a Korg DTR-2 tuner. I also found a 200-disc CD changer in my parents room with a 200 watt receiver. I think that would be for me, but I already have a decent stereo system. Oh well anyone want to buy my old one?:D
  19. The UPS guy delivered three boxes from musiciansfriend - I asked for a three-guitar Rockstand and a tweed Fender gigbag and two of the packages are guitar stand and gigbag shaped but I don't know what the third one is...

I don't have any idea what else I got...

20. Thats how I found mine!!!!:D