Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what did you pay for your crest ca9?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by D.A.R.K., Dec 7, 2005.

1. D.A.R.K.

D.A.R.K. Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    stillk looking for a power amp,
    found a used crest ca9 and would like some feedback on
    what folks are paying
    for these right now...
    it's in great shape.
    thanks!
    d

2. seaKamp

seaKamp

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago
    You should pick one up if you can find one between $400 and $500. Especially if it is a newer model. The older models have an internal bridge/parallel/stereo switch which may be a nuisance to some(I've never had to switch mine out of stereo and I probably never will because 900w @ 4 ohms is PLENTY for me).

On the bay they will go for a little over $500. Funny thing about eBay is that the highest priced completed auction was an older model with an internal switch and that went for $585. There were 2 newer models with the external switches and they went for a hair over $500.

I guess $550 would be the avg price shipped to your door(used).

Anything in the $400s shipped would be a good price... especially for a model with the external switch.

3. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
    that makes sense, thanks for the info.
    i know the amp quite well as i've used it in install(s)
    but never bought one (individually) used.
    the one i found is 550.00 from a shop, not private seller
    and has a 30 day warranty for any defects.
    the most you'd pay, but the warranty is a nice bonus.
    any other input on prices will be appreciated!
    thanks!!
    d

4. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    You sometimes see nice condition CA9's go for a good bit more than $550, and sometimes you see them go for a lot less. :ninja::D But if I were in the market for a CA9, I would not balk at paying $550 for one in really good shape with any kind of warranty.

5. J.Wolf

J.Wolf Supporting Member

Apr 29, 2003
    Asheville, NC
    I just got mine for $520 shipped or something like that. It was an Ebay auction. Mine is a little "abused" on the outside, but it's rock solid!

6. D.A.R.K.

Aug 20, 2003
    Virginia
  7. Paid $550 for mine. On the outside it looks like it's been ridden hard and put away wet, but on the inside she still runs like a thoroughbred.

8. Lex P.

Lex P. You've got it awful loud -Kathy P. Gold Supporting Member

Mar 19, 2003
    MSP
    $450 local sale, Newer model (external switch) with just minor surface scratches on the top and bottom covers, the front and rear was like new. Thought I paid too much but I guess not. :)

Lex