What difference would a new bridge make?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by dirtjumper2001, Sep 14, 2003.

1. Hi everyone,

This may seem a stupid question, but what difference would fitting a new bridge make to tone, playability, etc? I play a MIA Fender Jazz with the stock bridge, string thru body, etc. I'm happy with the way it all sounds, but was wondering if a new bridge would further improve on the sound. It may not be necessary for me at all, but I was just wondering what difference it would make.

I did a search, and over a 1000 threads showed up, so forgive me if this has been covered before, feel free to point me in the right direction :)

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Provided your bridge is really with a string-thru-body design, then you won't get a drastic change in sound, you'll only get a slight change, if at all.
    It's more about the added flexibility in setting up action etc. when you install a 3D bridge.
  3. Whoa, thanks for the quick reply. Thats exactly what I was wondering, whether it would make hardly any difference or enough of a difference to consider looking into getting a new one.

Cheers :p