Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What Distortion/overdrive pedal?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by made-in-hell, Dec 30, 2000.

1. made-in-hell

made-in-hell

Dec 30, 2000
    I@ve got a zoom 506 and wanna get a seperate distortion or overdrive pedal for about £50.
    Boss?
    marshall?
    danelectro?

2. Hey, i would give you an answer to your question, BUT this topic has been discusses dozens of times already, check out some older posts to find your answer

3. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
    Put Boss ODB3 in the search.

4. BazzMonkey

BazzMonkey

Aug 25, 2000
    I would suggest none other than the Electro Harmonix Big MUFF distortion pedal, excellent sustain. Or the Boss bass distortion (the big muff is cheaper I believe, higher quality too).

5. VictorLeMonteWooten

VictorLeMonteWooten

Dec 6, 2000
    danelectro probably has the most distortion, but i prefer a ProCo RAT. The RAT is probably the highest quality.

6. BazzMonkey

BazzMonkey

Aug 25, 2000
    OMG!! I forgot all about the RAT! HOW COULD I FORGET ABOUT U MY BELOVED RAT! *pets the rat*...I love these things!!!!!!! I'm totally hitting myself because I forgot about the RATS!...But the Muffys are good too

7. you guys have just saved me!

i jammed a new track with my guitarist last night in whcih i borrowed his rat pedal - that thing has the greatest distortion i have ever heard!!!! 0- i;ve been keyword searching for one all day. and surprisinginly i aint found a ting searching on just RAT!!!!

8. CS

CS

Dec 11, 1999
    UK
  9. http://www.procosound.com

Only problem is they're in the US and the site doesnt have a dealers list in the UK.

Anyone out there knwo where I can get a ProCo Rat in the UK?