1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do I have here from 70's? 80's? Gibson bass?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by bassfacer22, Feb 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Guys, Just wanted to ask what information anybody has on these basses.. there is no name or info on the bass. It just says "made in Japan" on the backplate shown in picture..

It appears to be a Gibson copy bass? My dad had it forever and I never knew what it was and just was cleaning and found it!

any info anybody has on these ? or if it's worth anything?

It does still play nice..

there are 2 switches on the body with volume controls.

image.

image.

image.

image.

image.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
  2. DiabolusInMusic

DiabolusInMusic Functionless Art is Merely Tolerated Vandalism Supporting Member

Do we get pictures or just words?

3. Ok, pictures are up on the first post. Let me know if anybody needs better pictures..

thanks

DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  4. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    DiabolusInMusic likes this.
  5. wow. Yes it does.. perhaps It could be a Pan.. who knows. I have no idea why there is no logo on the headstock..

but that's why Talkbass is great.. At-least I know that's a start to what it is..

6. cdef

cdef

Jul 18, 2003
    The whole post with follow-ups is here:
    Post your vintage Japanese basses

IMO this bass is probably from about 1975. Many imported instruments of the '60s and '70s were sold without brand badges or decals.

Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    mech likes this.