What do I want?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Funkize you, Jan 21, 2005.

1. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Well, First off Im going to say I'm obviously looking for a new amp... I am really diggin Ampeg products... Im looking for something really versitile, From Fat bass bottem end to Crisp and clear highs... I like the quality of sound from Victor Wooten, Of course the Fodera lends a helping hand but the sound of his equipment is increadible...

My Budget is $1,000 MAX!!! (Meaning I have EXACTLY that, no more possible) and would purchase used...

I play Jazz/Funk/Blues/Metal/Rock/Prog... Everything, I use 4 5 and 6 string basses... I dont have the oportunity to use amps like this anywhere But I know I love the Ampeg sound and I trust my fellow TB'ers.

As far as wattage? I dont really care... As long as its over 150 I'm Good, I dont gig, I play for me so no worries.

Thanks again

2. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.

I need a New Amp AND Cab, for $1,000 TOTAL! (I do like thunderfunks tho!)

Yeah, I need A rig.

I've had some nice basses, but never a half way decient amp...
  3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    Have you considered any combos? If you're stuck on Ampeg, check out the BA210SP. Not super loud, but sounds wonderful.

Beyond Ampeg.....go buy that Peavey BAM in the classifieds here. I think it's down to something like $675 shipped. It is an amazing combo, and very loud. You can also scroe yourself an Eden Metro for under $1K. It sounds great, and in my opinion, better than a BAM.

All of those options are below your budget, and meet all your criteria.

4. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I'd look at G-K neo cabs and maybe a 700RB-IV head from Riks....
  5. Funkize you

Funkize you Guest

Nov 4, 2003
    Westminster Ca.
    Thanks for the help.