Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

WHAT DO I WEAR!?!?!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by teenagebass69, Aug 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm in a rock band called Sweet Sorrow and we're having a gig coming up at a popular club. We're prepared and all that..the only problem is my style is kind of boring and I wanna spice it up with some rocker clothes for my gig. Does anybody know of any stores or websites which sell these types of clothes? POST ANYTHING!! HELP!:confused:

2. wulf

wulf

Apr 11, 2002
    Oxford, UK
    Just one small point to remember - if you're wearing drainpipe jeans, a shirt with frilly trimmings and a multicoloured bandana and everyone else is in their casual clothes, you may stick out like a sore thumb... talk about it with the rest of the band before spending too much money on your wardrobe!

Also, unless you're playing a gig that provides a dressing room, you'll be wearing the clothes most of the night.

And all this wisdom is coming from someone who used to prance around the stage, rocking out in tie-dye lycra leggings back in the day... :D

Wulf

3. kirbywrx

kirbywrx formerly James Hetfield

Jul 27, 2000
    Melbourne, Australia.
    Im not setting out to start anything here, but dreesing differently isnt really going to put any spice into your set. Play good and it might :D

Anyway if you want to look different but not stand out, just try the long hair, red bandana, tight leather pants, torn singlet ect. Just think "80's"

4. or show up naked :p

EDIT: except for a sock

5. PollyBass

PollyBass ******

Jun 25, 2001
    Shreveport, LA
    I know it's a novel idea, but how about concentrating on the music, and not on if your gonna look "Rockin'".

6. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Cant go wrong with a nice pair of jeans and a black shirt of some variety. You fit in with any look that way....

7. If you don't mind buying clothes secondhand, go to Goodwill. For some stage situations, wearing something bright--like a bright shirt or maybe even a tie (!!) or a vest to add color.

8. cassanova

cassanova

Sep 4, 2000
    Florida
    Took the words right outta my mouth. A nice white pullover shirt will work well too if not a little better, it wont show all the nasty salt stains from the sweat.

9. thrash_jazz

thrash_jazz

Jan 11, 2002
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Artist: JAF Basses, Circle K Strings
    This topic has been done before; please run a search.

I'm going to close this - feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Have a nice day :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.