What do Michael Manring, Jean Baudin, Jeff Schmidt, and Dave Grossman have in common?

Discussion in 'Ask Steve Lawson & Michael Manring' started by Dave Grossman, Jan 2, 2006.

1. They'll all be playing solo bass sets at the Freight and Salvage Coffee House in Berkeley, California on May 17, 2006. :D

For more information, check out: http://www.unpronounceable.com/solobassnight/

Yeah, it's a long way away but it doesn't hurt to get the word out early.

- Dave
  2. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Oh my god...someones gonna have a great night there!
  3. If there's ever a time I wished I was in California! :eek:
  4. Sippy

Aug 1, 2005
    Why are there never any killer shows like this in Florida?!?!?!
  5. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    I like that venue and I live very close. I'm in!

Sorry I missed your last show Dave. My newborn wouldn't let me leave the house. :help:

6. I'll look forward to meeting you.

We're booking another gig for my band in Berkeley for March or April. Would you like to be on the mailing list? Just send me an email: dave@unpronounceable.com

- Dave
  7. smperry

smperry Moderator Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Bay Area, CA
    Endorsing Artist: Martin Keith Guitars
    Likewise, and email sent.

8. Sweet! I will be there if I dont forget like a dumbass.
  9. If you'd like to be reminded in April, let me know. I'm going to put a reminder list together. :)

- Dave
  10. oh and dave grossman doesn't have a face :ninja:

11. Sure!

jprather *at* gmail.com
  12. Hey, blame Jean Baudin for that. He's the one that took the picture. :D

I have some new pictures from a recent gig coming soon so I'll probably use one of those.

- Dave
  13. +100 It's not often, but this is definitely one time
  14. Michael Manring makes up for it...he makes THE BEST bass faces!
  15. Papersen

Papersen Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2002
    I´d love to be there. Now I gotta find a reason (and money) to convince my wife :meh:
  16. Bumpity bump. Tick tock. About 3 months to go.

After the ultra successful Manring/Lawson/Schmidt solo night in San Jose a short while back, this upcoming solo bass night in Berkeley is starting to look pretty good.

Jean Baudin, Jeff Schmidt and myself are all planning on releasing new CD's at this show.

Email or PM me to be put on a reminder list. I'll email you about a month before the show and remind you.

- Dave
  17. Michael Manring

Michael Manring TalkBass Pro Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    What do you think guys? Maybe we’ll have to take the “Bass Psychos” tour on the road!
  18. most definitely! you guys need to come to the east! it sucks looking at all of your tour dates, and knowing i can only get to three. i'll be in reading seeing you, cullen, and tracy; then at NEARfest, then in reading again with cullen.
  19. westland

Oct 8, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Congrats, Dave. I'll let my friends in the Berkeley area know about this (I wish I could come, or maybe it's a reason to visit in May)