Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do they play?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by mike sancho, Mar 26, 2004.

1. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    Went to a contemporary Christian music concert last night and the bands playing were Jeremy Camp, bass player used MTD 535, sounded awesome. Rebecca St. James, I couldn't make out what her bass player was playing but it looked like a Sadowsky or maybe a Mike Lull. 5 string model with humbucker soapbar pu's. It was a beauty and what a sound. Does anyone out there know what this young man plays? Newsboys played last and their bassplayer was playing the only 4 on the floor and it looked like a hollowbody Gretsch. Sound was good but hollowbodies just don't do it for me. Interesting night for an old fella like me.

2. last time I saw Jeremy Camp their bassist was using a Lakland 55-94...

interesting fact about him is that he used to be Phil Lesh's bass tech.

he's a really nice guy, I talked to him for about 20 minutes after the show.

3. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    My old band opened for Jeremy Camp about a year and a half ago. Wouldnt you know it,, I just forgot the bassists name! Starts with an E i believe.... Anyways,, he used my amp setup that night, and I chatted with him about bass for a while. Also got to play his 535 for a minute. LOW action! Good player too.

4. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    I thought Jeremy's bass player was the strongest player of the evening too. Very fun to watch as well.

5. my favorite Christian bassist is the bassist for Salvador...that guy is BAD!!! last time i saw salvador i got in early enough to see the sound check and he sound checked with Vic Wooten's a show of hands....that dude was bad...

another fun guy to watch is Will mcGenis from Audio Adrenaline...really nice guy too! my band has been in contact with em' about signing with Flicker Records...all of the audio a guys are super nice! and Ben is funny as all get out!!!

6. mike sancho

mike sancho SANCH

Feb 10, 2004
    Milwaukee, WI
    No argument about the cat in Salvador he's a monster. I saw them a couple of years ago and had a nice chat with him. I can't remember his name though. Very cool young man.

7. yah people say that "christian bands aren't as musically talented as secular bands"

heck most of them are more talented...but just like all genres of music the best bands aren't the ones selling out arenas...they are the bands playing clubs that rock!