what do they use

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    on a professional cds the bottoms are a solid gray color unlike the green or blue color of cd-rs what type of cd are these, how are they different, are they better,and are they available to purchase as a amatuer music producer

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's a totally different production process and can only be done in a factory.
    There are companies where you can order e.g. 1000 CDs that are then made for you in a factory.

3. Yea the pro-quality CDs are actually stamped out instead of burned as you would with your computer.
    They are also much less likely to be damaged or corrupted.

Hint: Do not leave CDs you've burned yourself in a hot car (even out of direct sunlight).
    They can get skronked very easily.

--Charlie

4. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    how much does it cost to get cd's professionaly reproduced with the stamping process. and can they do it from a cd'r to the stamping process

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't remember off the top of my head but I think its like around a dollar per CD...or like some fraction of a dollar depending on how many your making...its a scalable rate that works similarly to buying blank cd-r discs
    I think that it would be logical to think they could transfer rom cd-r that you made at hoem to bulk cd production.