Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what do they use

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Stingray, Mar 23, 2002.

1. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    on a professional cds the bottoms are a solid gray color unlike the green or blue color of cd-rs what type of cd are these, how are they different, are they better,and are they available to purchase as a amatuer music producer

2. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    It's a totally different production process and can only be done in a factory.
    There are companies where you can order e.g. 1000 CDs that are then made for you in a factory.

3. Yea the pro-quality CDs are actually stamped out instead of burned as you would with your computer.
    They are also much less likely to be damaged or corrupted.

Hint: Do not leave CDs you've burned yourself in a hot car (even out of direct sunlight).
    They can get skronked very easily.

--Charlie

4. Stingray

Stingray

May 12, 2000
    how much does it cost to get cd's professionaly reproduced with the stamping process. and can they do it from a cd'r to the stamping process

5. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I don't remember off the top of my head but I think its like around a dollar per CD...or like some fraction of a dollar depending on how many your making...its a scalable rate that works similarly to buying blank cd-r discs
    I think that it would be logical to think they could transfer rom cd-r that you made at hoem to bulk cd production.