Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

what do u feel about Quintin Berry?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by A Rock, Jul 19, 2001.

1. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    i saw this video clip of this guy on the spector website...
    i thought he was incredibly talented and unique.
    what do u guys think and do u know where i can find out more about him?

2. I saw the clip too...I've never seen anyone play underhand like that....It's amazing....He plays some cool stuff too...I'd like to learn a little more about his stuff and why he plays like that....

3. Peter Parker

Peter Parker Banned

Jun 10, 2001
    If you close your eyes and listen to him you'll see that he's playing a bunch of crap. How you play a note or what technique you use makes no difference, it's the music you create. I didn't hear anything in his playing that I haven't heard from a million other guys as I walk through a music store on a Saturday afternoon. Understand, I'm judging him solely from the clip and my opinion could change if I were able to hear him in a group context.

4. JimK

JimK

Dec 12, 1999
    Geez...
    I was only rapping with him a couple Saturdays ago in one of our local music stores.
    He's bad, though, I need to hear him in a setting where he can actually PLAY & stretch out with musicians of equal or higher caliber(I've only seen him in a couple of cover bands in local bars...as "Spidey" sez, it's all been seen/done before).

5. A Rock

A Rock

Mar 18, 2001
    New Haven, CT
    maybe he sounds good to me because i suck at the bass lol.

6. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Sure LOOKS weird. Does anybody know how/why he developed this?!?

7. Ben_P

Ben_P

Oct 2, 2001
    Alberta, Canada
    Heres a quote from his web site ( http://members.bellatlantic.net/~qqbear1/ )http://members.bellatlantic.net/~qqbear1/ )
    "I don't know really. I started playing this way when I was fifteen. It just felt comfortable to me. I don't think there are absolutely right ways to do things or absolutely wrong. Everybody needs to do what works for them. Experiment with whatever comes to mind. This is just what works best for me."