1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what do u think about the deluxe fenders(suhr pups )

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by JazzMarius, Apr 29, 2009.

1. hey guys!

what do u think about the deluxe american fenders from the late 90's ? the ones with the suhr pups/pre?

i can't find much about them around here. how do u describe their sound? hi-fi?

i am interested in some american fenders, and i am thinking about this one too.
    ur input is welcomed.

2. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
  3. i really search alot before posting something. nights and days ( literaly ) . so i read everything written.

in that thread u post, there is nothing about the suhr pups ( maybe some posts )

4. scotch

scotch It's not rocket science! Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2006
    Albany, NY USA
    Please see Profile for Endorsement disclosures
    My Jazz had the Suhr pups. Like I said in my post, the Deluxe's Suhr pups were definitely more hifi than traditional passive vintage pups. Still sounded like a Jazz, with more detail but less old-school texture.

Mine was a great bass, rugged & dead quiet. It just didn't 'nail' the classic Jazz sound that is so popular. The poly finish was nearly bullet-proof & the hardware was beefier than a vintage Fender. The body is cut smaller than a traditional Jazz, which never felt right to me (I'm 6'4", 230 lbs)- but the neck was slim and fast. I did have to tweak my trussrod pretty often, but I also put far more than average wear & mileage on that bass! Lots of international travel w/ the bass in the baggage compartment, crazy temp & humidity changes, etc... I've read that the graphite reinforced necks aren't any more stable than the simple truss-rod only necks - I have to agree!

5. thanks for the input.that's the answers i was waiting.