Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do we Talkbass Doublebassists all look like?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by toman, Jul 26, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hopefully not like this...

(don't ask) :ninja:

2. Humblerumble

Humblerumble

Feb 22, 2004
    VA.
    Just like the guy in my avatar :)

3. Edwcdc

Edwcdc I call shotgun!

Jul 21, 2003
    Columbia MD USA
    I don't know how to make pictures happen in my posts so here's a pic off my bands website.
    [​IMG]

4. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    http://gypsypacific.com/Photos/Photo.asp?Photo=Photo9

This is my old Meisel ply that I sold when I got the LaScala. I played it a bit last night; it was newly set up and was wearing Obligatos. I had a tinge of seller's remorse, but you can't keep all of them. Great f***in' bass, though.

Whoops, that might be a bad link, try this:

www.gypsypacific.com

Sorry for pushing the limits of Spammishness, but we did a show last night that was videotaped by Bravo Network, for a production called "Djangomania", which will apparently air in December. If you insist on seeing what I look like during battle, here's your chance. Judging by the cameraman's techiques, you should be able to count my nose hairs.

5. This one was taken 20-something years ago…

6. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Here's me, pretty good for a one handed picture wile holding a bass eh :cool:

7. tsolo

tsolo

Aug 24, 2002
    Ft. Worth
    Couple of years ago... i was much younger then.

Attached Files:

8. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Wil...I've been trying to get my wife to let me part with the last vestiges of hair on my head, and go with your current route, but she doesn't seem to like the idea. My kids, on the other hand, say "Yeah Dad....shave it!". I just am attracted to the low-maintenance approach.

I used to have a buzz cut and an honest-to-god Fu Manchu moustache back in th early 80-s. I got a lot of work in punk bands....

9. Mudfuzz

Mudfuzz

Apr 3, 2004
    WA...
    Sorry but you sound like my dad [who is one killer drummer].

Also I would just like to add that my picture was taken 5 minutes before I posted it. :bag:

10. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI
    This is me about 3 and half years ago.

http://www.wegs.net/theroad/1_east/theroad026.jpg

Shreddin the south with my bud, Warren from Texas. Iput abput 5000 miles on that Duc in two weeks , from Michigan to Indiana, Illinois, Missouri, to Oklahoma where we met up. Then east back through Missouri, Arkansas, Mississippi, Tennessee, to Georgia then a lil shreddin near Deals Gap.

Anyways....

11. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Aaron...thanks for the compliment. My dad is a killer drummer, too. The more I sound or act like him, the better off I am.

Rumzini...you could make a nice dent in your G.A.S. list if you didn't spend all your money on topshelf motorcycles :smug:
    Ahhh... I'm just jealous.

12. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

BTW...I'm the guy in the green.

13. hdiddy

hdiddy Official Forum Flunkee Supporting Member

Mar 16, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    So Rumzini, how do you fit a DB on that thing?!? :D

14. Rumzini

Rumzini

Feb 14, 2004
    Jackson, MI

HA HA HA HA!!! I didn't even realize this was the DB forum!!! I can however strap my backpack to the gas tank and I went to Lansing, MI to Elderly to pick up my old Hartke 4000 bass head. They thought I was nuts. I've also brought home a case of beer, burgers and fries...you name it. People love it when you go through the drive thru with it.

15. Marcus:

If this guy isn't pianist David Benoit's brother, I'll eat my G-string.

[​IMG]

16. Marcus Johnson

Marcus Johnson

Nov 28, 2001
    Maui
    Yup, he's Dave's younger bro, Phil. Dave, by the way, makes a killer martini. That's important.

17. Speaking of Benoit...you guys remember Kim Stone? He was over here yesterday picking up my bass trunk...renting it for some gigs with Benoit and some of those other...whatever you call that **** they play. Sorry.
    Anyway Kim played a little on this wonderful Morelli i'm selling and just wanted to say that he's sounding pretty damn good and will be joining us here at TBDB soon.

18. godoze

godoze

Oct 21, 2002
    A couple o' months ago.

Attached Files:

19. Damon Rondeau

Damon Rondeau Journeyman Clam Artist Supporting Member

Nov 19, 2002
    Winnipeg, baby
    Let me see if I have this straight: you can work his mouth and facial expressions using the standard controls, but you have to give him a Dutch beer first?

Do the MacArthur people know about this?

20. Nino Valenti

Nino Valenti Commercial User

Feb 2, 2001
    Staten Island NYC
    Builder: Valenti Basses
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.