Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do ya thinks of this color??

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MikeBass, Sep 26, 2005.

1. MikeBass

MikeBass Supporting Member

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Artist: Xotic Basses/AccuGroove
    Just thinking about this color-Sonic Blue. I saw one just like this (except with a matching headstock) on CMT the other day.
    Sonic Blue Sadowsky
    [​IMG]
    I'm thinking Ultra Vintage Metro (with rosewood fingerboard/binding & blocks).
    A matching headstock would be killer, but not offered on the Metros. But it is on the Valenti basses!! Hmm........
    I think it would look good, real "vintage-y" more so than the trad sunburst.
    I dunno, something about that color is kinda cool.

2. SoComSurfing

SoComSurfing Mercedes Benz Superdome. S 127. R 22. S 12-13.

Feb 15, 2002
    Mobile, Al
    Nice. I especially like it with that Mint Green pickguard. I know alot will say go tort, but I think the green is the way to go for that "vintage-y" look.

3. Folmeister

Folmeister Knowledge is Good - Emile Faber Supporting Member

May 7, 2003
    Tomball, Texas
    I had two Sadowsky's to choose from. One was the vintage white + red tort. guard and rosewood fretboard, and a sonic blue with a maple neck and board. I like sonic blue, but I love that yellowy vintage white better.

4. FunkSlap89

FunkSlap89

Apr 26, 2005
    Albany, NY
    That is an awesome color! I wish i could afford sadowsky :crying: ...

5. James Hart

James Hart

Feb 1, 2002
    toms_river.nj.us
    Endorsing Artist: see profile
    I've talked with Nino about a Sonic Blue P5 with a block inlay neck.... and of course a tort pick guard :bassist:

sooo many cool bass ideas, soooo little moneys :meh:

but yeah, Sonic Blue is a killer color!

6. bikeplate

bikeplate Supporting Member

Jun 7, 2001
    Upstate NY
    HI

Total classic look, Mike

Rob

7. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

Cool! :bassist:

8. ganga

ganga

Jul 14, 2005
    Very nice vintage color, i adore it. :)

9. You are an awfully big, strappin' guy to be playing a baby blue bass :D

Just kidding... it looks great. Not sure about the Ultra Vintage 70's pickup placement thing with the Sadowsky pre... I'm sure it would sound great, but I wonder if it sounds that much different than the Vintage with the smaller body and more 60's style placement. If you want to get more of the 70's thing going.... get ye a Celinder Update! If you get the standard neck (versus the birdseye), they aren't that much more than a Metro.

Edit: Quick question for you Sadowsky guys.... I am confused by the 'Ultra' models on the Sadowsky site. It seems that the Ultra Metro's are 70's style instruments with full ash body and 70's pickup placement. However, the NYC ULtra models seem to be early 60's, single coil, passive basses. Is that correct? Kind of confusing... if I haven't misunderstood, Roger needs to come up with a new name for one of those lines!

10. Mr_Dave

Mr_Dave

Mar 11, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Employee - Basscentre Melbourne
    /QUOTE FROM KJUNG
    Edit: Quick question for you Sadowsky guys.... I am confused by the 'Ultra' models on the Sadowsky site. It seems that the Ultra Metro's are 70's style instruments with full ash body and 70's pickup placement. However, the NYC ULtra models seem to be early 60's, single coil, passive basses. Is that correct? Kind of confusing... if I haven't misunderstood, Roger needs to come up with a new name for one of those lines!/QUOTE FROM KJUNG

(stuffed this quote thing up...)

yeah thats correct. metros are for the 70's thing, usas for the 60s

i just got an ultra vintage 70's metro and i optioned for the single coil pickups and the passive tone control.

this bass is killing me!!!!! :hyper: i love it. unfortunately i have not played a normal ash maple sadowsky to compare so this post is rather pointless of me :( but this bass really does the 70's thing very well but with that sadowsky slant, i guess you could say the marcus miller thing.

11. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.

You beeen talkin' to my wife?!?!?!
    It's called SONIC BLUE!!!!!!!!
    She said the same thing......
    About me being a big strappin' guy that is!!!! :D
    hehe!!
    She said that color would look good on a chick or a bass player for Frankie Goes to Hollywood (if you get her drift) but not a the afore mentioned big strappin' guy.
    I dunno, I still think it looks cool. Kinda like a 50's Chevy or something.

Not sure if a tort pick guard would look good on that color though. Haven't seen that combo, but doesn't sound to good to me. If someone has a pix or could photoshop it and post it up here that would be cool. I may dig it, who knows!!

12. eldave777

eldave777

May 24, 2005
    love that color but it needs a pearloid pickguard

13. Groover

Groover

Jun 28, 2005
    Ohio, USA
    I love that color, and I like the idea you have of putting a blocked rosewood neck on it.

I just picked up a Jazz Bass Special from ebay. It's a little different from that color. Not sure if I liked it when I first got it, but it's growing on me.

I was also thinking about putting a blocked neck on it, but I won't be able to get that vintage look like you would with your jazz x 2 pickup & pickgaurd configuration, so I'm probably going to keep it all stock, plus this color doesn't really screem vintage to me like your choice does. (the auction pictures looked a lot lighter. So in reality, I thought I was getting something different)

[​IMG]

14. Very Sharp looking. Very classic/classy.

15. MikeBass

Nov 4, 2003
    Ferndale MI.
    Hey fellas, check out what Beav2k2 did for me:
    [​IMG]
    He has a thread going if you want a bass photoshopped right now.
    He's pretty good!
    So this answers the question about how this color would look with a tort pickguard huh?!?!
    Not too bad. I didn't think it would look to good, but ya know, it looks kinda hip!

16. Tash

Tash

Feb 13, 2005
    Bel Air Maryland
    It looks grey and pink to me...color blindness can be a pain sometimes.

17. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    looks hip!