1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  
    TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you call that "holster" thing for the bow?

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by justBrian, Oct 22, 2002.

  1. justBrian


    Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    YOu know, that thing that's down on the string anchor? How much are they, and where can I find one? :cool:
  2. $40.00 Kolstein Bass Bow Quiver from www.quinnviolins.com

    I have one of these and I am pleased with it. Kolstein is the Brand. The Quiver is what you are looking for.

    If the world didnt suck we would all fall off.....
  3. justBrian


    Apr 19, 2002
    Kansas City, MO
    Thanx-- I've got a pit job coming up and have found that putting my bow on the stand just doesn't work. Especially if I have to turn pages. :D
    A quiver, eh? Who would have thought that's what it'd be called.
  4. You've seen those old Looney Tunes and Tom and Jerry cartoons where someone uses an upright as a longbow, with the bow as ammunition, right? Then it makes sense. :D
  5. Bruce Calin

    Bruce Calin

    Oct 15, 2002
    I've used several types of quivers over the years.Some were designed for bass bows & some for arrows(archery).The one I like now is from Cabela's sporting goods store.It's cheap(25 bucks)& has a nice big opening that stays open.The ones I've tried for bass tend to collapse after a while.It takes a little creativity to figure out how to attach it,but it works pretty well once thats done.

Share This Page