1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you call this? irony? karma??

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Relic, Jul 20, 2007.

1. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    This morning I was talking with a female coworker (we'll call her Tess) on the phone regarding some work-related issues. She tells me that she has to leave work early today to go to a viewing as a relative of her husband had passed away. She's telling me that it makes her really nervous to see a dead body etc, it's just something she has trouble with emotionally. That was around 8:30 or so my time.
    About 15 mins ago, I get a call from another coworker that Tess is out of work today because around 9:15, a car literally crashed through the fence of her back yard and came to rest right outside her back door. The driver, and elderly man was DEAD behind the wheel, probably a heart attack or something of that nature. She obviously was the first one on the scene this just less than an hour after her telling me that seeing a dead body freaks her out.
    Is that freaking nuts or what??

2. Bryan316

Bryan316 Banned

Dec 20, 2006
    Detroit
    Duuuuuuuude.

Oh man, I'd be calling EVERYONE for protection. Ghost Hunters, Ghostbusters, Mythbusters, Dr. Phil, Coast Guard, FBI, bouncers from the closest bar, cop friends, Dog Whisperer, psychics, EVERYONE. Save my ass! I'm destined to die today!!1!1!!

3. That's a little spooooky!

4. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I'm sure there will be a news article on this later today or tommorrow, I'll post it if I can find it.

5. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    Thats just coincidence. Unlucky coincidence!

6. It sounds like the opening scene of a horror movie!! Good thing the car stopped short of her home :eek:

7. Bassic83

Bassic83

Jul 26, 2004
    Texas, USSA
    Wait...this is Final Destination 4, right?

8. Diggler

Diggler

Mar 3, 2005
    Western PA
    Well then. The viewing should be nothing after this.

9. Bob Lee (QSC)

Bob Lee (QSC) In case you missed it, I work for QSC Audio! Commercial User

Jul 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa, Calif.
    Technical Communications Developer, QSC Audio
    That's for sure.

Warn her not to open that old chest in the attic …

10. Mark Wilson

Mark Wilson Supporting Member

Jan 12, 2005
    Toronto, Ontario
    Endorsing Artist: Elixir® Strings
    It's Irony.

11. middy

middy

Mar 14, 2007
    Texas
    I call it Justice! :ninja:

12. Hi, Relic.

I'd call it spooky.

Seen my share of dead/dying and it is normal in the cycle of life but not something I like to joke about, and I can see how someone is unconfortable to face that situation. Few people actually admit that, specially males.

Is "Tess" OK BTW?

Just my 0.02€
    Sam

13. Jazzin'

Jazzin' ...Bluesin' and Funkin'

It's only truly spooky if the man that died in the car accident that the second girl saw was the same man who is the relative of the first girl's husband.

14. machine gewehr

machine gewehr

Sep 17, 2005
    Istanbul
    Any one who posted in this thread will or read.......oh no wait???!!!!

:eek:

15. Deacon_Blues

Deacon_Blues

Feb 11, 2007
    Finland
    Same here. I haven't seen a dead body yet, and I don't want to see one either....

16. ric1312

ric1312 Banned

Apr 16, 2006
    chicago, IL.
    bikini models at my front door really make me nervous......let karma/irony begin!

17. +1

18. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    No, you guys have to call me and tell me over the phone about it, THEN it happens about an hour later. that's how it works, sheesh.

19. Wow, this is one of the most pathetic schemes to make yourself feel popular by getting people to call you I have ever seen. I almost feel sorry for you, but if you come up with ideas like this, theres a good reason for no one calling you.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :DBURN:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

20. Relic

Relic Cow are you?

Sep 12, 2006
    Robbinsville, NJ
    I'm sorry, I accidentally deleted your PM, you want the # again?

BACK ATCHYA!