What do you do while on TB?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Or in other words - what should you be doing instead of posting here? I'm curious about TBer's jobs/hobby time - cos the line aften blurrs between them for me - personally I work freelance from home writing about music and running (not ruining as I almost typed) the Universal Jazz UK website www.ijazz.org - I just find this place so distracting and entertaining....anyway it'd be nice to know I'm not alone in the "I really should be working" stakes.

The best thing about what I do is that the bass is always near by - so if I have to go shred for half and hour I can! Lucky me...
  2. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sleeping. I had a kickazz rehearsal LATE last night. We're gearing up for a tour.
  3. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I ought to be writing a closing speech to a jury for Monday (advocacy assessment).
  4. Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "If it doesn't fit....." :bag:
  5. DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I think I get the joke! :confused: :cough: OJ :cough: right? :ninja:

As much as I like visiting TalkBass, I do find the internet to be a serious distraction that I waste a lot of time on. Wish I could have some of the time back and convert it into time spent practicing music!
  6. Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I should be working right now. I work on the IT department at the local college. It's been so slow since the semester ended that I'm on here 90% of the time. I don't know what I'd do without TB. :)

I frequent the 'bay a lot too. The combination of these sites is not good for my wallet. I get my paycheck today, and I already know what I'm spending it on. :p
  7. levijames

May 29, 2004
    I was in a car accident just over 3 weeks ago-been off work ever since,gonna be at least a few more.Stumbled on this sight and it has been awesome for me to kill time on-daytime tv stinks!!!
  8. Doing my last report for the semester, but TB, a bacardi and caramel slice sounded far more enjoyable...

9. McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I'm a software developer & am waiting on tests to complete, so I can review results.
  10. Sorry to hear about your accident - but yeah daytime TV sucks big time - when you watch it you can actually feel your soul/life ebbing away - TB all the way!
  11. Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm actually about to head out the door to go to a meeting.
  12. vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Should be working, I have a boring desk job where I sit in front of the computer all day. Inevitably, I pop open a few browser windows and try to find anything to do BUT work. I've only been here for 25 mins and I'm already 'off task'.