Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you do while on TB?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Mike Flynn, Jun 3, 2004.

1. Or in other words - what should you be doing instead of posting here? I'm curious about TBer's jobs/hobby time - cos the line aften blurrs between them for me - personally I work freelance from home writing about music and running (not ruining as I almost typed) the Universal Jazz UK website www.ijazz.org - I just find this place so distracting and entertaining....anyway it'd be nice to know I'm not alone in the "I really should be working" stakes.

The best thing about what I do is that the bass is always near by - so if I have to go shred for half and hour I can! Lucky me...

2. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    Sleeping. I had a kickazz rehearsal LATE last night. We're gearing up for a tour.

3. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I ought to be writing a closing speech to a jury for Monday (advocacy assessment).

4. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    "If it doesn't fit....." :bag:

5. DaveBeny

DaveBeny

Mar 22, 2000
    London, UK
    I think I get the joke! :confused: :cough: OJ :cough: right? :ninja:

As much as I like visiting TalkBass, I do find the internet to be a serious distraction that I waste a lot of time on. Wish I could have some of the time back and convert it into time spent practicing music!

6. Hurley

Hurley

Feb 12, 2004
    Cape Cod, MA
    I should be working right now. I work on the IT department at the local college. It's been so slow since the semester ended that I'm on here 90% of the time. I don't know what I'd do without TB. :)

I frequent the 'bay a lot too. The combination of these sites is not good for my wallet. I get my paycheck today, and I already know what I'm spending it on. :p

7. levijames

levijames

May 29, 2004
    MN
    I was in a car accident just over 3 weeks ago-been off work ever since,gonna be at least a few more.Stumbled on this sight and it has been awesome for me to kill time on-daytime tv stinks!!!

8. Doing my last report for the semester, but TB, a bacardi and caramel slice sounded far more enjoyable...

Leigh

9. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    I'm a software developer & am waiting on tests to complete, so I can review results.

10. Sorry to hear about your accident - but yeah daytime TV sucks big time - when you watch it you can actually feel your soul/life ebbing away - TB all the way!

11. Eyescream

Eyescream

Feb 4, 2004
    Knoxville, TN
    I'm actually about to head out the door to go to a meeting.

12. vbass

vbass

May 7, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Should be working, I have a boring desk job where I sit in front of the computer all day. Inevitably, I pop open a few browser windows and try to find anything to do BUT work. I've only been here for 25 mins and I'm already 'off task'.