What do you do with the panties...

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by kombi, Feb 9, 2012.

1. kombi

Jan 3, 2011
    ... or bra's that get thrown at you on stage?

I haven't been on stage yet (only playing for 2 1/2 years now), but I always wondered. You just leave em lieing there on stage/mic and let a roadie take em home? Take them home yourself? Throw em back (hope not)? ...?

I'd find it a bit "disrespectful" to just leave them there at stage :D

This is (maybe) a stupid question...
  2. We played a college once where this happened. I guess being poor college girls they asked for them back lol.
  3. hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
  4. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Wear em on my head
  5. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    Do what Zappa used to do, hang them up on a line.

That or drape them on the drum kit.

In '81, Z had them made into a quilt:

6. snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    Throw them against the wall and see if they stick.
  7. I bring them home, boil them for 20 minutes and give them to the missus.
  8. jgroh

jgroh Supporting Member

Sep 14, 2007
    No no! Dont boil them! Put them in Denatured Alcohol for 72 hours and they will be almost as good as new! You could even build a panty tube to hang them in the alcohol.;)
  9. pnut166

Jun 5, 2008
    they make great dog toys
  10. tdub0199

Mar 4, 2010
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Hang them on the drum set.....
  11. smcgov

smcgov Supporting Member

Mar 12, 2010
    Northshore Mass
    I once had an older cougar come to my apartment and left some red ones, I didn't know where to put them so I put them in a bass case....years later using that bass I opened it up at a country gig with a really small stage, I put them in the guitar players case to mess with him whle he wasn't looking. during the show I notice a lot of people laughing hysterically..he had put them on the headstock of my bass...I started jerking the headstock around trying to get them to come off and they wouldn't, which made everybody laugh even harder...it was pretty damn funny
  12. "Panty tube?" Doesn't that belong in "Luthiers Corner?" :D
  13. AltGrendel

AltGrendel Squire Jag SS fan. Supporting Member

May 21, 2009
    Mid-Atlantic USA.
    clean them, then use them to wipe down the neck during a gig.
  14. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    We used to hang them from the drum rack. Funny thing is, once you get 2 or 3 bras hanging from the drums, it piques peoples interest and they start donating underwear a lot more frequently. My old drummer must have had close to 20 undergarments hanging from his rack.

One night he was very drunk. (That's the only thing that makes sense.) And this hot chick came out of the restroom and gave him her freshly removed thong...... Which the drummer then proceeded to put over his head, with the triangle of cloth directly over his nose. He commented that it was "Still warm", and tried to get me to check it out. Yeah, the chick was hot, her boyfriend looked really mad, and I wanted nothing to do with that filthy thing!

The next day I said something to him about the incident and he was like "No way! I did not put that on my face?!?!" Sadly, he did........
  15. Pull out a sharpie, autograph them, and toss them back.
  16. Phalex

Phalex Semper Gumby Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2006
    G.R. MI
    Here's a picture:

17. Saxn

Oct 23, 2010
    Nashville, GA
    ^Hah, WIN!
  18. klejst

Oct 5, 2010
    Hang them from my basses tuning pegs/head stock. I must say I love it when it happens. The looks on their boyfriend/husbands faces are generally priceless as well.
  19. MrDOS

MrDOS Gold Supporting Member

Jan 4, 2006
    Colorado Springs, CO
    We used to -- and this is unfortunately a distant memory -- hang them from the high chandeliers and antlers at the places we play.
  20. Haha!!! That's awesome.