What do you do with your Sweetwater stickers?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Schonbrun, Jun 23, 2021.

1. Schonbrun

Schonbrun

Mar 8, 2020
    What the title says. I don't know what to do with mine.

EatS1stBassist likes this.
  2. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Send a couple to @two fingers.
    He's collecting stickers to decorate a fridge in his rehearsal space.

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    I would be happy to slap them up there. Two stickers that make repeat appearances on the TalkBass fridge are Sweetwater (because I get one with every order) and Vans (because I get a sticker with every pair of them).

Here's the thread @Schonbrun so you can see what we're talking about. Fast forward to later posts to see where we are so far.

What about a TalkBass fridge? (literally)

I've actually reviewed two envelopes of sticker in the last few weeks I haven't put up yet. I've been kind of slack.

4. WG Plum

WG Plum

Apr 9, 2021
    Seattle
    I'm building a ladder to the moon.

5. Schonbrun

Schonbrun

Mar 8, 2020
    That's a cool project. I have at least 3 I can send your way.

6. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    PM inbound.

7. dalkowski

dalkowski Supporting Member

May 20, 2009
    Massachusetts USofA
    I organize them while I wait for threads like this one.

kobass, Mili, Schonbrun and 5 others like this.
  8. Craig Orndorff

Craig Orndorff Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2021
    Stickers? Usually trash, though I may sticker up the case I just got. Candy, that goes to my students at school, where I have most of packages delivered. Somehow I actually managed to get a kid who eats Bit O’ Honeys, which I’ve found goes I overlooked until Daddy (me) bucks up and eats it.

tbz, GregC and Schonbrun like this.
  9. I've never been big on stickers. It hurts my soul when I see a cool used bass and someone has covered it with stickers. I had a few stickers made with my band logo because someone was offering free samples. There really wasn't much interest in them and I'm always worried some dummy is going to stick one somewhere that the venue doesn't like. So all stickers go straight in the trash for me.

Schonbrun and Door County Bass like this.
  10. bradd

bradd

Jan 27, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    t1.6435-9 (5).jpg

11. Craig Orndorff

Craig Orndorff Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2021
    On an actual instrument? NEVAH!!! But on a case, Meh, different strokes for different folks. I’ve personally never done it largely because I’ve owned too few hard shell cases. But I have one now and it may just get stickered. (Although I threw out a bunch of cool stickers at the end of the school year in my classroom not thinking of this possibility)

12. TonyP-

TonyP- Excuse me but you have your I-IV-V in my II-V-I Gold Supporting Member

Aug 21, 2003
    Boston Mass
    A-Designs Mike Lull GK Tsunami Cables GHS Strings RMI Basswitch Nordstrand Pickups Darkglass
    I don't know about you guys, but I don't have to order to much from Sweetwater but one of the times I did I did not get any candy...I received a bag of peas....Not sure what that was about.

JoshS, Lammchop93, WarwickE36 and 7 others like this.
  13. Mine go in the trash. If I stuck them to something with every purchase, it might appear like all my money goes to SW. I have a toolbox of instrument tools that has one on it. That's it. I also only really eat the Smarties and Laffy Taffy.

two fingers likes this.
  14. db59

db59 Supporting Member

Apr 16, 2015
    My daughter put one on her laptop and was questioned by the teacher......there is also a brewery in Atlanta named Sweetwater.....bam!!

15. HardNHeavy

HardNHeavy

Apr 17, 2014
    earth
    place them on the vehicles of local sewage treatment plants and dept. of water....especially in Flint. MI

JoshS, Schonbrun, mikewalker and 2 others like this.
  16. skwee

skwee

Apr 2, 2010
    Minneapolis
    I have a really junky bicycle, but it's mine. I keep it identifiable by plastering every sticker I get onto it. It's a mess!

17. aprod

aprod

Mar 11, 2008
    Bookmarks.

jkazam, Schonbrun, PsyDocHill and 2 others like this.
  18. I cut off the water with a scissors and give them to my daughter because she’s so sweet.:)

19. Esteban Garcia

Esteban Garcia bassist, arranger, aelurophile Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2018
    Portland, OR
    This is funny to me, because back in the day, before weed was legal, that's how my crew referred to it.

As in:

INT. LIVING ROOM - NIGHT
    BOB
    (on phone)
    Hey Dave, what's up?
    DAVE
    (on phone)
    Eh, not much, just puttin' on a sweater.
    BOB
    Everything's better when you put on a sweater.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    Shlabotnik, mikewalker and MattZilla like this.
  20. lizardking837

lizardking837

Jan 28, 2009
    I have a notebook I use for music theory notes/song ideas. I put any random sticker I get on it. Including Sweetwater ones.

Schonbrun likes this.
  21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 27, 2021