what do you eat?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Joe Nerve, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    i pretty much eat the same stuff on a weekly basis. just curious if i eat less, more than, or am right on par with the rest of the bass playing community. i weigh 150, i'm vegetarian, i run a lot and work out.

b'kfast - about 12 ounces of non-fat yogurt w/fruit, cereal, nuts and coffee.

10am - ligtly buttered bagel and coffee.

lunch - a. tofu coldcut sandwich//b. some other kind of tofu thing with a vegetable and salad (school caffeteria lunch)//c. macaroni and beans or pea soup.

dinner - a. mexican food combo plate in a restaurant// b. a bean burrito and 7 layer from taco bell// c. 6 or 7 veggie chix nuggets with a veggie salad, chips and maybe half an avocado.

snacks throughout the day - i'll usually have a banana somewhere in the day, a cliff bar, a high protien bar, or a protein muffin.

i pig out about once a week on a huge bowl of non-fat, sugar free ice cream sundays with, nuts, bananas and whatever other crap i can find to throw on it. eat pizza about once a month. eat a huge italian restaurant meal about once a month. and of course all the above changes from time to time.

i drink water only for the most part (not the kind that costs more than gasoline, the kind from the tap), and the 2 or 3 above mentioned small cups of weak coffee. on the weekend i go crazy sometimes and have an odoull's or diet coke.

what do you eat, weigh, etc?????
  2. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    I'm a university student so it varies...a lot.

Some days I'll have some toast or something for breakky, maybe even a slice or two of cold pizza if I hit the jackpot. Somedays I wont eat until 5pm.

Dinners tend to consist of a chip based dish. Chips and fish, chips and saussage, chips and you name it.

Tea..often of a similar thing to dinner really, no set rules here other than cheap is cheerful.

I'm a big fan of kebabs and other such lucious takeaway dishes for 'supper' every now and then.
  3. I weigh 248, I'm a fat ass, eat a bunch of crap I shouldn't. The End.

Ok, well seriously, wrestling season starts next week and so does the diet. Wish me luck...

Yours Truly,
    Tyler Hole
  4. Bob Clayton

Bob Clayton Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 14, 2001
    Deptford, NJ
    what is this thing called eating that you humans talk about?
  5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    I like to eat......um...never mind. :eek:

I love seafood. Fried squid is my favorite! :)
  6. jazzbo

Aug 25, 2000
    San Francisco, CA
    I'm 6'3", 210lbs., and for the most part, eat like a hippie would.

7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX

Breakfast: ...
    Lunch: ...
    Dinner: ...
    About 10:30 at night: about 2-3 cups worth of food, sometimes less.

I consider it a day of pigging out if I have a PBJ sandwich, can of chili (Nally Chili rules) and some pasta in the evening.

Nevermind I've actually got enough food for 3 squares a day, every day, I just never eat.

Never hungry. Go figure. I do drink a lot of water, though. I think my roomate and I have about 3-4 gallons of water in the fridge (all from the tap, in old juice or milk containters) at ang given point in time.
  8. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    I love food, and I love eating.

I'm 6'4 at 160 pounds(lanky I know)

ever since I moved to boston though my eating has been less full.

I made eggs this morning, and had some candy, and chips.

I'll probably get a burrito in a little bit.

and for dinner, I don't know, haven't thought that far ahead yet.

maybe more eggs....
  9. neptoon

Jul 25, 2000
    summerville, sc
    hmm...i'm 5'7", 175 pounds...i'm in the military, so i'm supposed to maintain some semblance of physical fitness, or i'll get bad evaluations and ultimately will get kicked out. don't want that to happen! so more often than not i'll have a bagel with cream cheese for breakfast, oatmeal with fruit for a mid-morning snack, an uncle ben's noodle or rice bowl for lunch (god those things rock!), then i'll usually have a snicker bar or something in the afternoon, and then for dinner i have fish or lean chicken breast on the grill with steamed veggies and either some rice or pasta...i usually hit applebee's once or twice a month, i pig out on spaghetti once a week (then i have leftovers the next day for lunch instead of uncle ben's), i have a couple beers after my band finishes up at our bar/club gigs...oh yeah, i have pizza on duty days (every 12 to 18 days). i also run about 30 miles a week, i swim 50 laps twice a week, and i lift with freeweights 3 times a week...and i do pilates with the wife on my off lifting days.

here's my take on it, though: if you don't eat, you die :D
  10. Gia

Feb 28, 2001
    today i ate:

one cup of orange juice
    5 pieces of gum
    1 donut
    2 mouthfuls of jello
    1 cigarette
    3 slices of bread

and 1 california roll.

I have not been very hungry the past few weeks :meh:
  11. odie

odie Supporting Member

shawermas??? Is that Indian food?
  12. odie

odie Supporting Member

Im a yank and I have no idea what a california roll??
  13. Gia

Feb 28, 2001

they were serving it in the cafeteria today.

I think today was japanese themed. My cafeteria is crazy.
  14. NV43345

Apr 1, 2003
    Guacamole, and I double dip.:eek:
  15. jive1

jive1 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member Commercial User

Jan 16, 2003
    Owner/Retailer: Jive Sound
    I eat food.

Yup I like food.
    Doesn't matter if it healthy or unhealthy- Candy, Burgers, Falaffel, Salad, Tofu, Yogurt it's all good.
    Doesn't matter what ethnicity either. I love Korean, Japanese, American, German, Italian, Thai, Soul, Mexican, you name it.
    Doesn't matter the food group. I like breads, cereal, pork, chicken, fish, beef, vegetables, seafood, fruits, milk, ice cream, etc..

I also like liquids too. Orange juice, soda, water, coffee, tea, whatever.

I also smoke. Cigars, cigarettes, a pipe, etc.

Only thing I don't like are onions.

I guess I like a variety of foods, and I eat a variety of foods daily. That's one of the nice things about living in the DC area is that there are plenty of ecletic purveyors of food. I should be fatter than I am, but I've been lucky. I'm 5'8", 170-175 lbs and it's the heaviest I've ever been.

I gotta go eat lunch, this thread is making me hungry.
  16. Figjam

Aug 5, 2003
    Boston, MA
    Breakfast - a doughnut
    Lunch - Pizza , snapple, gummies
    Dinner - Cereal
    Ocassional salad.

Im not very healthy, but i dont look it :) Im 5'6 and a half.. 120.
  17. bill h

bill h

Aug 31, 2002
    small town MN
    I love all food!!!

It's just that simple, If it's food I will eat it.
  18. Babies. 4 Cigarettes. But seriously....a chocolate bar, and a microwave curry, and some cajun chicken and a crumpet. That was today anyways.

I usually eat a sandwich for my breakfast, usually bacon, or cheese and ham, or somet.

Lunch will consist of whatever. Maybe another sandwich, microwave stuff, not foodle, etc.

Tea will usually be something with rice, pasta, vegetables or oven chips. Usually some sort of meat dish i.e Chilli Con Carne with rice/veg etc.

Occasionally pig out on pizza, proper curry or kebab.....depends how drunk I am at the time! :eek: :D