1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you feel when you see "your" Sadowsky™ on eBay?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MrDOS, Sep 7, 2008.

1. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180286546076&ssPageName=ADME:X:RTQ:US:1123

I spec'd and received this bass in 2005, and it sounds better in recordings than any other I've ever had. Life changes, and I had to sell both my NYC Sadowskys a few years ago.

Now this one is back on eBay, and I have a strange feeling of nostalgia. About the only thing I did not like about this bass is lack of VTC.

How do you feel when you see one you used to own for sale?

2. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I'd buy that sucker back!

3. Oh, I'd never buy from a zero-feedback seller -- you never know what you're getting!! ;)

4. fenderhutz

fenderhutz Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2007
    Harpers Ferry WV
    I let it be. There is reason I got rid of it in the first place. Sadowsky or not.

5. burk48237

burk48237 Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2004
    Oak Park, MI
    Well, I sold my blue Metro, It came back up for sale about six months later and I snatched that baby up! I sold my old NYC and it popped up on TB about a year later and I missed buying it back by about five minutes. Those are the only two bases I ever regretted selling (besides a couple of terrible 70's J basses which would be worth big money now). But all the other basses and guitars I've been thru I don't miss. I've seen a couple of them around on Ebay or on TB. Anyway I found another NYC which was in the same class as my old one, and I'm done. :D

6. Baird6869

Baird6869 RIP Gord Downey. A True Canadian Icon.

I have bought and sold about 20 basses over the last few years and the only one I miss is my 2 MM pickup Bongo 5. Luckily they are (almost) a dime a dozen and I will be able to replace it if I decide to down the road. I have never missed any of the others and likely never will.

To your point..... of course, I have never seen one of my Sadowskys on eBay becasue...... I WOULD NEVER SELL THEM!!!:spit::D

I understand that things happen and basses need to be sold. Luckily that has not happened to me yet.

BUY IT BACK, MAN!!!:bassist: Sell some blood if you have to as you really seem to love that bass.

7. The seller says "I showed this bass to a few friends which are all professional bass players and all of them insured me that this is definitely one of the really good Sadowskys."

Aren't all Sadowskys really good? Or is there something special about this one?

8. flea claypool

flea claypool

Jun 27, 2004
    Ireland
    i actually mailed the guy earlier about it.. being in the market for a nice five i was in love with this baby!!! but then i saw his postage price and it seems he's really F*C*I*G me out of it 365!!!!! *** like.. theft.. i got my MIJ posted for 90

9. biohazed

biohazed

Aug 31, 2008
    Philadelphia, PA
    had a similar thing happen with a my old BXR 300 cab ... saw it for sale on eBay one day and i knew it was mine and it gave me goosebumps

10. therex

therex

Jun 24, 2007
    lima
    +1

11. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    So, MrDOS, are you really a collector? :eyebrow:

12. A collector? Lately I've been more of an emitter...

He didn't buy it from me -- must have bought it from the guy that bought it from me.

13. CyberSnyder

CyberSnyder Gold Supporting Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Maryland
    I Endorse Alien Audio Basses
    I don't know. Due to the postage regulations, the cutoff on the length plus girth are almost impossible for a bass to fit within. I forget the exact dimension cutoff, but if you go one inch over it, the shipping goes into the Global Express pricing which is in the $300+ neighborhood. I shipped a Marcus Miller to Australia and the only way it could be shipped within reason was by detaching the neck. You may have paid $90 for shipping when you bought the bass, but I'll bet that the seller paid a lot more.

14. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Whoa! A little solid state humor. You'll get this, then:

The Nixon FET: Unimpeachable source, Fiscal Drain, Watergate.

15. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    Like seeing an old girlfriend alone at a singles bar.......walk away if you dumped her for a good reason.

16. Don't quite know what it feels like except from the "other side". I bought a bass on eBay and then after finding out that it worked for me, I upgraded and traded the eBay bass in to GC. They posted it for sale on their site and the original seller saw it and actually sent me an email, a little more than disappointed that I sold it so soon. Bummer for him, but I got what I wanted out of it and went on to something more to my needs. That's what it's all about. If you don't want it to end up on the auction-block-cycle-o-life, then don't part with it....;)

17. vinestreet

vinestreet

Aug 17, 2008
    Singapore
    +1

18. Glad somebody got it! I really could have said, "Collector? Nah, I have lateley been a Base Emiiter!"

19. LOL, you clearly don't know me. If she's an old girlfriend, then she's the one that did the dumping :crying:

20. Joeykun

Joeykun pronounced ジョーイくん

Jun 22, 2007
    Shirley, MA
    Endorsing Artist: SADOWSKY / GENZLER / KEELEY ELECTRONICS / TEMPLEBOARDS / KIRLIN CABLE
    Nice to see you back Burk! I too was lurking at that Red NYC you picked up. Beautiful bass!