What do you find offensive?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by MAJOR METAL, Oct 20, 2003.

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

What does it for me is when people take the Lords name in vain especially on TV, selfish people, just oughtright mean and unkind people. So what offends you?.
  2. Benjamin Strange

Benjamin Strange Commercial User

Dec 25, 2002
    New Orleans, LA
    Owner / Tech: Strange Guitarworks
    Mike Money seems to be able to offend everybody.:D
  3. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Well, I try not to get too offended by things I hear. But Certainly when I hear people out-right not giving something a chance, like not listening to a certain type of music because of a previous bias, or their friend told them it was bad.

close mindedness like that bugs me, doesn't really offend me though.

4. miccheck1516

miccheck1516 Guest

Feb 15, 2003
    The word 'UNT©' and 'B**ch', as well as h*e and sk**k.
    I never use them infront of a girl, and it annoys me when they slip out if im mad.
  5. Seems you have beaten me...and probably a lot of others to the answer. :D
  6. rickbass

rickbass Supporting Member

Almost nothing except where children or animals are abused.
  7. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    Obviously selfish behaviour.

Oh, and poor proofreading. ;)

MAJOR METAL HARVESTER OF SORROW Staff Member Supporting Member

You have a good sense of humor:)
    PS I Apologize for my incorrect spelling.
  9. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    I don't think I'll ever be truely offended. I mean, sure, there are things that irk me, but not offend. I came to this conclusion when watching a show on Trio called Art & Outrage.

Some people held a stink over Andreas Serrano (sp?)'s peice, "Piss Christ," a photograph of a crucifix immersed in human urine. The following thoughts occured in the span of a few seconds, in this order:
    Is it his urine?
    If not, who's?
    If not his, where'd he get it?

Those immediate questions led me to believe I might not ever get offended.
  10. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Religious fanatics and/or missionaries, especially those who still take the bible (or koran or insertnameofreligouscookbookhere) literally.

Same with the political right of any nation.
  11. LiquidMidnight

Dec 25, 2000
    I guess it would be stupidity. Not so much in an academic sense, but in a social sense. Not much really offends me though. If someone says something I usually just chuckle to myself and think, "What a dumb ass".

Brendan: I believe that whole point of the crucifix was that Christ was beautiful even when immersed in urine. I could be wrong about that, but I think that's what I heard somewhere. I believe that artist is the same who did the blood and semen on Metallica's Load album.
  12. Nick Gann

Nick Gann Talkbass' Tubist in Residence

Mar 24, 2002
    Silver Spring, MD
    Everyone should DL Comedy Central Presents Carlos Mencia off of KaZaA. He really made me think about a lot of things. It really clarifies things, and it made me realize what its all about.

I don't let things offend me. Things like child abuse and animal abuse aren't in the same category. That isn't an issue of personally offending me, it is just wrong, and it angers me to no end.

Things don't offend me personally, it just wastes my time to be angry and it wastes my energy to be angry.

Laugh more, you'll laugh longer :)
  13. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    Senseless violence. Senseless violence presented as entertainment. Any attempt to erode the separation of church and state. Small minded and hateful speech from someone with whom I share some sort of group affiliation, i.e., that which makes me feel embarassed to be identified as an American, southern white male, etc. Spam. People who believe their opinions to be objective truth. The sudden proliferation of home improvement shows. Spam. Barney the Dinosaur. Spam. l337 kiDz. Spam.

Oh, and spam.

14. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    And you too, for recognizing it as such.

No biggie on the spelling. I just thought the Lord and Saviour should be dignified with proper spelling.:)
  15. I'm trying not to let things offend me anymore. Lots of things annoy and frustrate me, though. Like conservative newspapers, and the 'people' who write for them and to them.
  16. Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    right wing/left wing fanatics.

The only thing more annoying than a right-winger telling you how to live is a left-winger telling you how to live.
  17. I'm usually the one doing the offending.
  18. The lack of respect, in all its forms.
  19. Killdar

Dec 16, 2002
    Portland Maine
    I think the whole right-wing left-wing thing sort of goes along with the not-really-that-personal idea. it's stupid in general, just like the child and animal abusers like Nick Gann said. It's kind of the same idea. People abusing my sanity? :meh:

I'm often struck with the feeling that I SHOULD be offended by things, but I'm really not.

Being offended is for wussies. ;) :p