Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you get out of an Old Ampeg?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sutton, Jan 26, 2006.

1. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    I have an Ampeg B-115. Its from 1981 and in excellent condition. I know that vintage ampegs are pretty much worth a block of gold. Given that its an 81, its fairly old (20+ years isnt bad, is it?) Its basically a gigantic 115 with a 120 watt head on it, which is pretty much Identical to the B-40 on top.

I need to get rid of it, because its taking up space, and nver gets used anymore. And well...I want a Schroeder pretty bad, and that will help pay for the 1212 Neo I've been eyeing.

So pretty much, what I'm asking is, what do you think its worth? I cant find much info on it, being that its so rare.

Thanks for your help.

-Sutton

2. Quadzilla

Quadzilla Supporting Member

It's worth about $99 but being a nice guy and fellow TBer, I'll give you $110! Juust kidding of course. I suspect you will do very well on this one. I'd look at Ebay and do a search on "Completed Items" and also look at reviews on Harmony-Central.com which sometimes also list price. Good luck!

3. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Yeah, I'd like to hope so. Unfortunatly, eBay hasnt ever had anything quite like it on ebay, and harmony central only has one review, of some guy who pretty much found one, and doesnt know much about it.

4. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    About $150.

5. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Aww, thats all? I was hoping it was a little better than that...

I sounds nice, I may just keep it if its only worth 150

6. Joe Beets

Joe Beets Guest

Nov 21, 2004
    Now if it was all tube........and a head instead of a combo......

7. Sutton

Sutton

Mar 3, 2005
    Plainwell, MI
    Well, you can remove the head portion fairly easily....

and I can put some tubes in it....granted, they'd just roll around without being plugged into anything, it'll still have tubes