What do you guys do when you are really angry/stressed/ect?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by bryan bailey, Apr 11, 2004.

1. For the past couple of months, I have been really stressed and angry. And most of the time I really don't know why. I guess I am sick of being stuck in my house, or limited to what I can and can't do (parent thing).

How do you guys deal with this sort of thing?
  2. Slaughter cute innocent bunnies by the masses.
  3. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    meditation, videogames, music and shooting stuff with an air rifle/gun

ps: sex helps :)
  4. Wrong Robot

Wrong Robot Guest

Apr 8, 2002
    Fresh air usually does it for me.
  5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Terrific Twister

Apr 12, 2001
    Lacey, WA
    I confide in my wife/best friend when things are really bad....other than that......video games.....head out to the driving range.....head out to the tennis court....

6. Vince S.

Vince S. Resident Former Bassist

Jan 24, 2003
    Playing bass usually helps me when I'm stressed.

Also, listening to music or going for a walk helps a lot.
  7. grovest

Feb 26, 2002

If it's really heavy stuff, maybe you should talk to a counsellor
  8. AltIII

Sep 3, 2002
    I used to kill people, but then my Ps2 broke
  9. Don_Cholo

Apr 2, 2004
    i have felt the same way myself lately. what i suggest is to not practice, unless u realy can focus, because i just can't think about what im playing, i just think about what im mad at. i dont mean dont practice with some friends, that always makes me feel better especially when its a good jam.
    im going to get rid of some stress the 15th through the 18th in vegas at the phish show for all three night. i would recomend buying some tickets and getting baked in vegas.
  10. Go bowling, nothing helps stress more than throwing a heavy ball at a bunch of pins. I kinda got addicted and now im really good :eek: ( 206 high game )
  11. Bayou_Brawler

Bayou_Brawler The most hurtful thing ever realized

Oct 23, 2003
    Ann Arbor, MI
  12. Joe Nerve

Joe Nerve Supporting Member

Oct 7, 2000
    New York City
    Endorsing artist: Musicman basses, Hipshot products
    some of the ways i deal with that sort of thing......

-lift weights
    -do any kind of exercise
    -talk to somebody and vent
    -play my bass
    -knock the hell out of a pillow or couch
    -free write about whatever might be bugging me. helps me to get a more objective view on things and frees my brain up to think of alternatives to the crap that's got me down.
    -do deep breathing exercises (slow deep breath in with a count to 5, hold for a 5 count, release for a 5 count, take 2 normal breaths and repeat - for like 10 minutes). it works wonders, really! there's lots of other deep breathing exercises you can learn about too.
    -read self help books on dealing with anger
    -read spiritual books
    -drink lots of water
    -drink herbal teas
    -take hot baths
    -chill with my cats
    -complain right here at talkbass
    -try to be of service to someone else and get out of my own head
    -try to do good in any way possible

-fantasize about bongo basses
  13. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Draw pictures of stick figures meeting horrible ends.

Watch Daria.

Listen to angry music.
  14. word. find someone to talk to about it all. i have a really good friend that i can talk to about anything, and she utilizes me when she needs to talk about a problem as well. peers really are the best way to go about feeling better/finding a solution to a problem.

however, if you dont wish to get others involved then videogames will make you forget your problems for a while :smug:
  15. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    Play Hockey with full gear against others with full gear so that no one complains when you kock the poop out of him or her.

Listen to heavy stuff, currently its Poison the Well. I also highly suggest White Zombie.

Free write like Joe said

Play bass while jumping around and headbanging like I was playing live

Sleep- only under certain conditions do I recommend this, otherwise its like hiding form the issue rather than letting it out.

Cook up something really good. Its even better if you try some new recipes. If they come out right you get to eat some great food and live with the satisfaction of a new recipe.

17. A **** it, lets go bowling.

18. i think i have to disagree. i often find when there's nothing else i can do, getting a decent sleep helps. I'll wake up, care free, or I can be more relaxed and ready to take yet another crappy day.. ugh.. back to bed. ;)

talk to someone, kaz. :cool:
  19. Another for meditate. Failing that, the best music is written when you're in an extreme state of mind, stressed, angry, lovesick, sad, etc. Whip out that bass and make music. That's what we're meant to do, isn't it?