Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you guys have in your racks?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by ThePaste, Mar 10, 2001.

1. Whatever... Just post it to give people some ideas.

2. Some no-name 150-watt powerhead, and a bass EQ pedal. Nothing special, i need a preamp, man!

3. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Peavey T-Max head
    Sabine RT-1601 tuner

I'm probably gonna ditch the Sabine soon, not happy with the slow tracking when I'm trying to tune. It takes FOREVER for the damn thing to decide what note it is and how far out of tune it is :rolleyes:. Thinking about getting a Korg rackmount....

4. :beavis on:

He said, "racks"....hehehehe

:beavis off:

5. Yvon

Yvon Supporting Member

Nov 2, 2000
    Montreal, Canada
    I have my hartke 7000 head and a AMP pre-amp. I'm thinking about a tuner and a power bar for rich people.

6. Pacman

Pacman Layin' Down Time Staff Member Gold Supporting Member

Apr 1, 2000
    Omaha, Nebraska
    Endorsing Artist: Roscoe Guitars, DR Strings, Aguilar Amplification
    Demeter VTBP-210 and Crown CE1000

7. mchildree

mchildree Supporting Member

Sep 4, 2000
    AL/GA
    Alembic F1-X Pre
    Mackie 1400i Power
    Furman PL-Tuner
    Yamaha PB1 Pre (spare)

8. eden wt-300
    korg dtr-1 tuner

9. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yo, Herminator....how you like that Korg DTR-1 tuner? Does it work well with B's??

...hope that arm's getting better every second! :D

10. virtual.ray

virtual.ray

Oct 25, 2000
    One of my racks holds my SWR SM400 S amp and a BBE 862 Sonic Maximizer. The other's got my Crown Power Base 3 amp,which I currently use to power the P.A.,not for bass.

11. love the dtr-1, it picks up the b quickly. that was one of my concerns when making my decision on which tuner to buy. i've seen others costing much more money that didn't pick up the b.

the arm feels a little better. it's over the initial intense pain of breaking, or is it the pain killers? either way it sucks. i'm still typing single handed.

12. Brad Johnson

Brad Johnson Commercial User

Mar 8, 2000
    Gaithersburg, Md
    Boom Bass Cabinets, DR strings
    I don't have a rack ;)
    Quit using one years ago.

13. SWR bass 750,
    korg dtr-2
    furman pl-8
    and a vent panel

14. Furman PL-Plus Power Conditioner

Korg DTR-2 Tuner

Samson UHF Synth 32 Wireless

Carvin R1000 head

15. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Green Audio ME-1 Preamp

Behringer Autocom MDX 1000 Compressor

BBE Sonic Maximizer

Zoom 9030

Nady Wireless

Green Audio GA-1000 Poweramp

16. Is Green Audio good stuff? Never heard of it.

17. JMX

JMX Vorsprung durch Technik

Sep 4, 2000
    Cologne, Germany
    Green Audio was a small German company which stopped manufacturing a few years ago (they still operate as a music shop), I guess they tried to break into the low price market and failed.

The ME-1 Preamp was quite sophisticated for its time (introduced around 1990). The ME stands for Martin Engelien, a German session bassist (Klaus Lage, Passport (?))

- dual channel transistor preamp w/ graphic EQ (A) and parametric EQ (chaynnel B), both channels can be combined

- very good FX loop w/ numerous options, e.g. bass-cut

- bi-amping ready

The power amp is just a regular P.A. amp w/ 2 x 500 W RMS @ 4 Ohms

Although the stuff is more than 10 years old, it's still very good.
    I got both preamp and poweramp second-hand for a great price (thank god for the retro boom! :D )

Since it was a small company, I doubt they ever had a distributor in the U.S.

18. pkr2

pkr2

Apr 28, 2000
    coastal N.C.
    Gard, you probably already know that if you turn the volume and tone on the bass all the way up, most tuners are a lot faster settling in.

A slow tuner can run one up the wall when intonating the instrument.

The best tuner that I've ever used is the now obsolete Conn Strobe. It's a dinosaur but it's one smooth tuner. Wish I still had one.
    I agree with you on the Sabine. I've owned a couple of them but was never satisfied with them.

I now use an el cheapo Kwick-Tune and for the money, they can't be beat.

I have two of them and just for curiosity I checked the calibration. Both were dead on and the older one has been dropped, rained on and generally treated roughly.

Pkr2

19. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    Same as the Herminator:

Eden WT-300
    Korg DTR-1

They're both bitchen. The Korg picks up the B mo' excellently.

I have a Shure UHF wireless that I could stick in there, but their mounting brackets are really cheesy, so I set it on top of the rack, connected with a couple of cheesy Velcro strips.

By the way, Herm, whadd'ya think the chances are that Dan will break down and start making five-string hollow-bodies. Huh?

20. Chris A

Chris A Chemo sucks!

Feb 25, 2000
    Manchester NH
    Wow Gard.. I have the same thing, except I got my Shure wireless in there too. I have the same problem with the Sabine, by the time it says your "in tune" you've already shot past it and gone sharp. I hate that!!!

Chris A.:rolleyes: