What do you guys make of the IBANEZ ROADSTAR?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 19, 2003.

1. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all...the title says, well asks, it all :D

Anyone have any viws on this bass? I found one usec for £250, its fretless and 5 string (De-ja-vu of my earlier post about requested 5 strings ;) ? )
  2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    I'm not sure about the 5s, but the 4s were very well made. My first good bass was a Roadstar II and I now own a lefty Roadstar and it's great.

3. secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about the fives, either, but I know a friend who had a four back in high school (that would be early-mid 80's) and I really liked it. Also, Rozz Zamorano out of Houston (great player, has won "best bassist" in the Houston Press reader's poll) plays his battle-scarred 1981 Roadstar almost exclusively. He also owns, among other things, a Fodera Monarch 4, but I've never seen him play it on stage - always the Ibanez - must be sumpin' groovy about it...

4. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Nice one, thanks guys! I'll ring up the dude tomorow and see if the price is 'negotiable' ;)
  5. jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I have been in love w/ my Roadstar II for 16 years. It's still my #1 4 string. :) :bassist:
  6. yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Out of interest, what do you guys think to the £250 asking price (or near offer, I'll offer £200 maybe)?