Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

What do you guys make of the IBANEZ ROADSTAR?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by yoshi, Sep 19, 2003.

1. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Hi all...the title says, well asks, it all :D

Anyone have any viws on this bass? I found one usec for £250, its fretless and 5 string (De-ja-vu of my earlier post about requested 5 strings ;) ? )

2. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    California
    I'm not sure about the 5s, but the 4s were very well made. My first good bass was a Roadstar II and I now own a lefty Roadstar and it's great.

[​IMG]

3. secretdonkey

secretdonkey

Oct 9, 2002
    Austin, TX
    I don't know about the fives, either, but I know a friend who had a four back in high school (that would be early-mid 80's) and I really liked it. Also, Rozz Zamorano out of Houston (great player, has won "best bassist" in the Houston Press reader's poll) plays his battle-scarred 1981 Roadstar almost exclusively. He also owns, among other things, a Fodera Monarch 4, but I've never seen him play it on stage - always the Ibanez - must be sumpin' groovy about it...

:)

4. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Nice one, thanks guys! I'll ring up the dude tomorow and see if the price is 'negotiable' ;)

5. jondog

jondog

Mar 14, 2002
    NYC metro area
    I have been in love w/ my Roadstar II for 16 years. It's still my #1 4 string. :) :bassist:

6. yoshi

yoshi

Jul 12, 2002
    England, London
    Out of interest, what do you guys think to the £250 asking price (or near offer, I'll offer £200 maybe)?