1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you guys think about this composition?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by chaosMK, Apr 24, 2010.

1. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Hi-fi into an old tube amp
    This has always been one of the band's favorite songs (the last on our album). We made interesting decisions on the composition- extending the ending a good bit. I was curious what people's opinions on it might be.

On this album (a modern progressive metal album, instrumental), we often drew out parts- extending something 3 times instead of, say two- sustaining harshness or whatever energy sometimes. It's kind of how living in the desert makes you feel.

This song is generally chill, smooth, and dark.

http://soundcloud.com/dr_thunda/left-brain-solipsism-11-delirium-tremens

2. Jon_West

Jon_West

Jan 8, 2009
    GTA, Ontario
    I wouldn't really call this my style of music...

Having said that, I loved it! Really great stuff.:bassist:

3. ADBass123

ADBass123

Apr 5, 2010
    San Diego
    I thought it was awesome man! Very nice and laid back but at the same time semi dark.I'd love to hear other songs.
    Are you guys an instrumental band or do you have a singer.

4. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Thank for the kind comments guys.

This album was instrumental. Our first two had vocals (the first being hippy jam band stuff these guys started out with before they met me, the second being pretty Tooly sounding... we fired the singer while writing this album and just moved foward with it).

There are a few more of my favorite tracks on my Soundcloud account. I'll add up an older song that has vocals (Persephone).

5. I dig it! Curious though...What tuning are you all using??

6. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    In this album we are in B- the guitarist is basically in C# with a drop B. I use a 5 string in standard (which I always use regardless of what the band/guitarists are in). There are a lot of challenges associated with getting clarity in the lower tunings.