1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you guys think of this amp...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Bass Tees, Mar 3, 2008.

1. Bass Tees

Bass Tees

Feb 11, 2008
    Milwaukee
    My band jsut added another guitar player. I was playing a Fender 400 Pro stacked on an additional 1 X15 but I need something with more balls because my band is so loud. Saw this amp on Craigslist today... think this might do the trick? I realize Beheringer is a step down, but I'm on a budget. I know very little about electronics so please try not to blow me away with too much technical jargon. Thanks for reading this guys.

http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/msg/591457391.html

:bassist:

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio

I think I'd keep using my 400 Pro, and maybe look for a used 8 ohm 410 to go under it rather than the 115. I sincerely doubt that Behringer head will be any louder, and I seriously doubt that 8x10 cab wont' sound like dookie.

3. Blues Bass 2

Blues Bass 2 Supporting Member

Oct 3, 2001
    Davenport Iowa
    I agree with Cheezewiz,get a good 410 to put under the Fender.The Fender 400 is just what the name implies,a good pro amp,not a cheap wannabe.A 410 will put out about twice what a 115 will and most of them are punchier and have better mids so you can hear yourself better.If money is a problem get an Avatar,they are pro level cabs.With the 210s in the Fender and a 410 you'l have six tens and enough power to be heard.

4. Hawaii Islander

Hawaii Islander Supporting Member

Aug 11, 2007
    Rio Rico, AZ
    The Fender Bassman 400 head and combo can operate safely under 2-ohm load to give approximately 500 watts output. Check this out at Fender.com in their amp manuals section. Their manual states that using the amp at 2-ohms will NOT void the warranty. This means you can safely use a 4-ohm 4x10 cab with your amp.

5. Muckaluck

Muckaluck

Oct 11, 2005
    Whitby, Ontario
    Yeah I agree with the suggestion for a 4X10. Definately look into the Avatar stuff and don't forget about Peavey. I had an old Peavey Mark VI head that pounded and they sell used for about $150. If you could find one of those and pair it with a 4 ohm Avatar 4X10 and your existing 1X15 you'd be laughing.

6. RickenBoogie

RickenBoogie

Jul 22, 2007
    Dallas, TX
    I'm gonna chime in agreement to all the above. You already have a good set up, don't let your GAS trick you into buying something of lesser quality. A nice 410 under that combo amp will sound much better than that used &#@**^!!, uh, thing that you're looking at. Don't trade down bro, just go with a new (ish) 410 and rock it.