1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

What do you guys think of this?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Nico Zottos, Aug 9, 2012.

1. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    My band just released our first music video and we're looking for some opinions! Please check it out here:

Please keep all negative comments to this forum rather than on the video, we appreciate it!

Thanks so much guys.

2. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    So the simple fact that you filmed it at Nubble Light with the sun setting behind is just awesome!! You could be gutting cats alive in front of Nubble and I wouldn't care! Spent many a childhood summer climbing those rocks and later lobstering on the other side of the light. Great song and recording also, very cool sound. Instrument synch was a tad off, but that's bound to happen first time around.
    Stop at Brown's on the way out, get some taffy at the goldenrod and head back up to Perkins Cove or Ogunquit for your gig!

Almost makes me want to move back...

3. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    Browns ice cream is fantastic! I'm glad someone here knew the location. It was an early morning but we stayed in a hotel close by in York and got up to film...I'd say it was worth it. I'm also glad you like it! Thanks for the feedback.

4. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    No worries. So where are you guys from and where are you gigging? Ever down in NC?

5. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    We're local in Portsmouth, NH. Haven't gone out of New England much yet, we aren't at that level unfortunately. Maybe one day, though.

6. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Used to surf up around there too. Hampton beach was always good. Would head to short sands in York when the storms rolled in, although the cops weren't real friendly if you tried surfing there in the summer. Haven't worn a wetsuit since march though down here.
    Your band would do well out on the beach, like at Ocean Grill and tiki bar in Carolina Beach and theres tons of places like that or even out in Ashville which is in the mountains.
    Good luck!

7. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    Thanks man! We're playing out a lot locally now, hopefully a lot more by next summer!

8. I was thinking "beer pub" type music is a general description. You should have ocean and seagul sounds at real low volume in the background.

9. Nico Zottos

Nico Zottos

Jul 29, 2012
    hahaha that's a possibility

10. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    Lol, someone from the East coast should know we don't have sunsets over the ocean.
    Wrong coast :D

11. Corbeau

Corbeau

Dec 14, 2011
    Australia
    I like the idea of the video, but the execution was slightly off for me. The drummer isn't in sync with the sound for much of it :p The singer seemed to be trying too hard to lip sync.

12. boethius

boethius

Sep 27, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    Perhaps. But there are many coves where the land looks back over land with a bay in between so it appears the sun sets over water. On the other hand, being from the Northern East coast you're so happy to see the sun whether it's rising or setting! :D

13. 1SHOT1HIT

1SHOT1HIT

Feb 17, 2012
    There was a reason I specified "ocean" but your right, it is possible I guess.

Either way, just givin him a hard time :D