What do you guys think were the worst cars ever made?

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by Blazer, Oct 24, 2011.

1. Blazer

Blazer

Nov 27, 2003
    The Netherlands
    Rogue luthier employed at Knooren Handcrafted bass guitars
    Well let's talk about Autos that should be Out-oh's

I'll start with the Austin Princess. An uncle of mine owned one and my most vivid memory of that car is that it rusted and it reeked. It was in this horrible color yellow.
    images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR94NJrTY1X0NbEINXk2Zo758ZnuZoDwHfDeSnahk90gYKwVXuvBeLwrZ08ww.jpg
    A few months ago I asked him about that car and his face went all sour, he told me that the cost of keeping it running was far greater than the price he paid for it.

The AMC Pacer. I have family in the USA and my cousin told me about his Pacer when I got my own first car (An Opel Corsa) he told me that it depended on under what angle you'd put the key in whether or not it would start and once it got going you also weren't sure if it actually would stop because the brakes were not the best feature. And that the color seemed to changed with the seasons, looking worse and worse as the time went by.
    amc_pacer.jpg
    Regardless though, he did tell me that he had some fun times with the "Fishbowl"

The Dodge Duster. Again my American relatives come into play here, my cousin traded his Pacer for this monstrosity. He told me about how this "Muscle car" lacked some serious muscle.
    [​IMG]

And more close to home this time, the Seat Ibiza 1.5. It was the second car I owned after my Opel got rear ended. And boy did it give me misery, it was a very cramped ride (trust me you DON'T want to make a roadtrip of over 17 miles with this), that overheated like crazy and refused to start without a very intricate ritual in which the engine had to be primed and choked.
    [​IMG]
    Regardless, I drove it until it died on me and I don't miss it.

2. Mike N

Mike N Missing the old TB Staff Member Supporting Member

Jan 28, 2001
    Spencerport, New York
    Yugo.

3. unquestionably... hands down... no contest....second place is so far off they aren't even in the same county....

the YUGO

davesignatureII.gif

4. BioDriver

BioDriver A Cinderella story

Aug 29, 2008
    Austin, TX
    Ford Pinto....

image004.gif

5. yugo, and pinto, equally.

6. jabsys

jabsys

Mar 30, 2011
    UK
    Lada riva

7. fdeck

fdeck Supporting Member Commercial User

Mar 20, 2004
    Madison WI
    HPF Technology LLC
    My Saturn was, on the day its engine disintegrated.

8. Muzoid

Muzoid

Feb 12, 2011
    Canada!
    Lada

...and the major fail Aztek

9. Tony In Philly

Tony In Philly Supporting Member

Oct 25, 2007
    Filthydelphia, USA
    Trabant

10. My parents had a Chevvy Vega, early 70's. Crappy inline 4 aluminum block engine and three on the tree manual transmission. That car just couldn't maintain a happy RPM range; always knocked like poo-poo. Kinda' ugly poo color too.
    If the Yugo was worse than that, I pity the fool.

11. the pinto was the one that kerploded when it got hit in the ass, right?

12. Loel

Loel Blazin' Acadian

Oct 31, 2004
    Voxhaul Victor! think they were sold at GM stores.

13. Going way back, the Ford Edsel had a "stellar" reputation! :spit:

14. DeathFromBelow

DeathFromBelow Never Forget. Inactive

Dec 23, 2010
    Horten, Norway
    Citroen 2cv.

15. Paid
    Inspector
    Nicely
    To
    Overlook

16. I seem to remember that the Dodge version was called the Dart Sport, while the Duster was Plymouth's version. No matter, your cousin's car probably had the 225 Slant 6 engine, which was a bit underpowered in this car. The ones that had V-8s like the 318 had a lot more power. I've heard about some guys dropping 383s into them, but my memory from 35+ years ago is a bit hazy.

17. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    the performance model had the 340 stuffed in it and more than just some air shocks in the rear LMAO. When Blazer called that a "muscle car" I fell off my chair laughing and tears were flowing.

18. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    1952_Nash_Rambler_blue_wagon_front.jpg

This qualifies as worst ever. The transmission case doubled as the oil pan or was it the other way around?
    The 50's were strange times indeed for automakers.

19. Thanks, Clark, now I remember. It was a 340 Six Pack, I believe.

20. Clark Dark

Clark Dark

Mar 3, 2005
    earth
    yessir...
    still laughing at the pic of that ""muscle car""
    that Duster was a grocery getter LMAOOOOOO

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 21, 2021