What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by greendayjustin, May 10, 2004.

1. MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    i think i want to go hawaii!

but, as for the bass... it looks ok. i'm not a huge fan of fender basses. here's a related thread:

i'm also extremely nervous about buying an instrument i haven't played first. but i went on a limb and bought a peavey cirrus on ebay and it has worked out great.
  2. MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    from the limited research i did, i would say that the price is fair if not great. i wouldn't go a penny over $700 for it.

also, i noticed its a first time seller who posted the auction. thats a red flag.
  3. Havnt seen too many of those around...
  4. Against Will

Against Will Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2003
    Big Sound Central
    Whenever I hear "Ventures", I think "Mosrite".

I'd like to get a Mosrite someday, though they seem to be prohibitively expensive. I've read one or two reviews that were basically positive, not outstanding. They're supposed to be very playable, and I'm a sucker for vintage tones. (Anything made before I was born MUST be cool! Right?[wrong, but still....])
  5. Does it look like a good buy? Overall?
  6. Johnny Alien

Johnny Alien Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2003
    Harrisburg, PA, USA
    I'm not sure I understand this at all. This is your bass right? You were talking about selling it in the other thread that was linked above.

If you are asking to get help on selling I would give the following advice.

1. Buy some items on ebay and work up some good feedback. Good feedback goes a long way on items over $500.

2. Spell "Ventures" correctly so the people searching ebay for Ventures items will be able to locate it.

3. Start it off at $400 with no reserve and see where it goes.
  7. Yeah..just trying to get some helpful feedback. Thanks for the help!

8. Justin, is that your MIJ Jazz Bass on Ebay in your first post?

9. Yeah, the reason I made this thread was so I could get some unbiased feedback on my bass...Just wanted to hear what you guys had to say

Peace, Justin :bassist:

10. No problem Justin, that's a smart way to get an honest answer from others!

You've got mail!

11. Oh yeah I forgot to mention...That bass is going to pay for my '57 RI! Man I hope that thing sells! Dont get me wrong its a great bass, its just that it doesnt really suit my playing style anymore.
  12. pistoleroace

Sep 13, 2002
    I realize there are some people that do take advantage of others but everyone has to start sometime in the same spot, being a 1st time seller and these people starting out should be given a chance. Just because they are a 1st time seller doesn't mean they are a criminal out to steal your money.
    It's just like when you start a checking account, some businesses won't take a check if it's under 100 or 200. If everyone did that, how could a person get a chance to prove themself if nobody will take a check?
  13. Hey man, Im with you. Im not trying to rip anyone off..just want to sell a bass..

Peace, Justin
  14. MattyN

May 26, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    totally true. i just said its a red flag...

if you don't think seller history is worth taking into account when purchasing on eBay then i don't think you're being very realistic. but i don't think greendayjustin is looking to rip anyone off.

good luck selling your axe GDJ.
  15. I know what you mean...I dont blame buyers for being cautious. BUt hey, like someone said before you gotta start somewhere!

Later, Justin.