1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

what do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by jamersonburton, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Would like to hear it with strong 'accented' drums. Sharp and defined. Like..shall I say...RHCP style. Good line. Needs funked' up drum support and will breath..Congrats!!

Marc:hyper:

2. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    I like "possible band song."

3. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    thanks for the comments guys. the "possible band song" was written by the lead guitarist in my band. "punkrock inspired jam" was my first recording ever but not the last! :D i see what you mean and ill pump up the drums on my future recordings! thanks!

4. parmezans

parmezans

Nov 25, 2011
    I like your bass riff that you incorporated into the punk based recording, it sound very medieval, in a way. :) Very cool man. May I ask what scale it's over? The guitar was off in the recording but it would sound fine, needs a different sounding guitar IMO.
    The band song ROCKS! I'm so inspired right now! Your bass tone is great on that one. That must become a full-on song, I'm impressed, pretty much, it's the direction I would want to move in if I had a band. It needs more accent on certain drum beats, as someone above me said. Other than that... great. Just great. Do you have 2 guitars?

5. jamersonburton

jamersonburton

Jul 22, 2011
    im not great with scales and theory but im pretty sure the bass and guitar revolve around B (2nd fret A string). I recorded two tracks with 1 guitar (PRS SE billy martin) and my bass was a squier matt freeman pbass
    Anyways, I recorded both through a peavey electric guitar amp and let the mic on my mac pick up the sound. (bass amp getting repaired)

For the band song, that was a pbass and the gutiar players schecter and we just recorded different tracks.
    PS Sorry about the guitar being off, won't happen again!

6. gleventhal

gleventhal

Nov 30, 2011
    Agreed, the punk jam has some weird rhythm stuff happening in the first section between the bass and guitar, it gives me an uneasy feeling.

7. I was thinking about a reaction, and it was in fact "uneasy"

The bass riff is nice. I think it can use another note at the "and" of 4 (or 8).

I'm not too fond of your tone. Seems to be very middy.

The jam is jammy, your bass line isn't locked in with the beat, which can indeed have a more committed (louder) feel.