What do you guys want us to Stock?

Discussion in 'Bass Central' started by Michael777, Jun 15, 2007.

1. Eublet

Eublet

Jul 28, 2006
    I notice you live in MO. I ordered one of my Genz cabs from Bass Central. Since Genz Benz will do a drop shipment, the cabinet came straight to me when I placed my order with them. Of course if you lived in Orlando and wanted to try stuff out first, having it stocked would be nice.

2. Lo end PUNCH

Lo end PUNCH

Jan 28, 2005
    Racine,Wi
    STEINBERGER!!! I know you guys deal 'em but there's never any listed on the site, I know Music Yo has 'em but almost never have any in stock.

ClOVER!!! would be great, they're doing some good things right now, had to get in the states.

SANDBERG!!! Really becoming a popular brand that's hard to get in the states.

YAMAHA!!! What would it take?

Thanks for the oppertunity to let us voice these.

3. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    This is going to sound like sacrilege, but I would like to see Bass Central carry cheapos. Not the countless Fender and Ibanez cheapos that you can get anywhere, but the specialty cheapos that not everyone carries like Eastwood, Italia, or even Danelectro. I can kind of understand why they don't carry them since they would probably be more work than they're worth when they're selling $3000 and $4000 basses on a regular basis, but just the same, I think they'd sell. I find myself much more interested in cheapos these days than good basses.

4. mana

mana

Dec 2, 2006
  5. Beaver Felton

Beaver Felton

Feb 25, 2006
    Bass Central
    Hey, thanx for the feedback. We all benefit from it. Here are our reasons for not carrying the brands you've suggested:

Steinberger: Not convinced of the Quality of current models. *We are going to look into this....

Clover: No inquiries, demand.

Sandberg: Same as directly above, at this point (may change).

Yamaha: Good stuff, but then we're competing with GC, who probably gets them and sells them much cheaper than us. Not even sure if they'd open us as a dealer....

Hope this makes sense, and of course, things can always change. I will tell you this: I've been playing for approx. a zillion years, all but the last 12 I was on your side of the counter. Being on this side since 1995, I can tell you that there really are a lot of dynamics that go into the decision of what to carry. We've spent/invested well into the tens of $1,000's trying brands that just sat and didn't sell, for whatever reason, so it can be a big decision and you can't base it only on "what's good" or "what's been inquired about a few times".....

Please continue with feedback. Thanx again to you and all others who've responded.

6. Beaver Felton

Beaver Felton

Feb 25, 2006
    Bass Central
    Jimmy, here's the short answer/truth:

We don't want to "alienate" Any players: Youngs guys, begginers, those on tight budgets, etc. I'd love to have all levels of players players as customers, truly. :hyper:

However, in the past, when we've tried the less expensive brands and models, they just sit for a long time and we end up blowing them out for cost or less. :crying:

There are other dynamics to consider as well, which I'd rather not go into here/now, but the bottom line is that our clientele, is a high-end one, much more interested in the $$$$ gear. Do we spend 30 minutes with a guy looking for a $400 Fender Squire or an $1800 MusicMan, etc., etc.?

Thanx for the input. I hope you understand our position, which, can, of course change and evolve as needed....
    :D

7. saxnbass

saxnbass

Mar 9, 2006
    Nashville, TN
    Couldn't you guys offer cheaper brands? Don't stock them, but offer them available to order?

8. Greg Johnsen

Greg Johnsen

May 1, 2005
    Hickory NC
    I don't know if rondo will allow it, but SX has become HUGE, and I wouldn't mind whatsoever seeing Essex/SX brands at bass central. As a lot of people know, the market for those basses has really grown, heck, their megathread probably has the most posts out of ANY megathread on the board.

Just a thought though.

Also, I don't think it's possible because of guitar center, but how about some Markbass stuff? I would rather spend money on MB products from you guys that from GC. Just my opinion though.

Greg

9. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    SX sells thru Rondo Music only and Markbass is exclusive to Guitar Center.

Beaver, I certainly understand your position and that's what I figured you'd say, but I figured I'd give it a shot. If I owned a bass shop, I'd rather sell one Sadowsky than try to sell 10 Eastwoods, too. But I don't, so now I'm dying to get someone in town to stock Eastwoods and Italias. My tastes have gotten decidedly more lowbrow since when I took lessons from Dave.

10. jazzy grille

jazzy grille - Arrogant Bastard

Aug 15, 2006
    Sarasota, Florida
    GLOCKENKLANG!

:D

Seriously! I love thier 112's and honestly I hate buying stuff from other stores (not trying to kiss-ass, its the truth). Please look into getting some glock stuff! They are high end and I am sure there is demand for their stuff.

Brian.

11. Depot Town

Depot Town

Jan 5, 2007
    Plymouth, MI
    First I want to say I purchase a Ric 4001CS (#238) from Bass Central and was very happy (until I sold it:crying: ).

I am currently playing a few Tobias basses (5 String Please!) and would like to see one or two in stock. Particularly in unique wood combinations such as a Cocabolo or Purple Heart top. Zebra tops seem to be a dime a dozen right now. Their (Gibson) quality has really improved since the reintroduction over their previous ones.

Also maybe a few Custom Shop 62 style Jazz basses with a matching headstocks. Seems to sell well for one of BC's competitors. Particularly in Burgundy Mist or Shoreline Gold!

12. Beaver Felton

Beaver Felton

Feb 25, 2006
    Bass Central
    Eric, problem with that is that, most manufacturers, understandably, either Want or Require that if you're a dealer, you stock a certain amount of inventory.

However, there are exceptions, so if you ever want something but aren't sure if we can get it or not, please call or email and we'll respond asap.
    OK?

13. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 14, 2021