1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you know about chico huff?

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by gimmeagig, May 10, 2015.

1. I just found a few of videos with Chico Huff playing bass. He is an incredible bassist and I think he must be kind of well known. But i have never heard of him until today. Check out these clips:

Oldschool94 likes this.
  2. stuntbass77

stuntbass77

Nov 6, 2007
    He's the man! If you PM him on Facebook/Myspace he'll answer, very nice guy an great player. I first saw/heard him on BET studio jams (no long on the air but all over YouTube). He played a smith basses but I know he now also has a Callowhill (if that's how it's spelled) bass. He's one of those guys the average joe doesn't know about but lots of pro's know who he is. I always think of Jimmy Johnson when I hear about Chico as both should be talked about more.

3. T-MOST

T-MOST Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2004
    NJ via NYC
    I know him from an old BET Jazz show called "Studio Jams". Thats where a group of musicians (most of them didn't know each other) were assembled in a studio and work out songs in a jam format. Great show! Chico was on quite a few episodes.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2015
  4. Joebone

Joebone Supporting Member

Oct 31, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Chico is great! Gigged with him a bit in my trombone years, in the 1980's, and he's one of the guys who has influenced my notion of how to try playing bass. Great groove, super clean, killer time, great instincts…a marvelous musician.