1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

What do you make of this? (fender)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by MM-Stingray5, Nov 28, 2006.

1. What do you guys think of this Japan P-bass.:meh:

Attached Files:

2. Sexy

3. Orco87

Orco87

Mar 26, 2000
    Texas
    .....:eyebrow:

4. I say lose the pickguard and well talk.

5. ugly as sin

6. i was thinking increase the pickguard MM style and then ill talk! I guy near by is offer me this thing. not sure about it yet.

7. Dr. Cheese

Dr. Cheese Gold Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2004
    Metro St. Louis
    It looks like a P/J with a shortened Stingray pickguard. I see it's active. I would like to hear it myself.

8. it looks like a deluxe zone bass

9. Nice fade on the body and headstock, but the control knobs are real cheezy.

10. I dig the look... but i need a Low E,High C and all inbetween... so i need a 5er.

11. mkrtu9

mkrtu9

Mar 2, 2006
    Tuscola
    I really don't like that pickgaurd, but other than that it is a pretty good looking bass.

12. cool, looks like a sandberg, i was sooooo gonna buy one of those sandbergs(P MM) in sea foam green but i like the tone of my paisley P rather than that so i didnt.

13. Rano Bass

Rano Bass

Sep 9, 2006
    Tijuana Mex.
    That is a previous model, can't remember the model name but i used to own one, MIJ, active, very light, good bass but not better than an ibanez soundgear.
    That pickguard is not stock, those basses came without it. ;)

14. Stupid Jerk

Stupid Jerk

Aug 1, 2006
    I say stick with the pickguard. It's idiosyncratic! Even if the bassists in the audience forget your licks and stage presence the moment the next band comes on, the sight of that bass will plague them for a long time to come!