What Do You Make of This Guitar? Too Flashy?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by BassGod, Jan 30, 2006.

1. Beautiful!

2. Meh...

3. Ugly!

1. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    This is Steve Vai's signature acoustic. It's an Ibanez Euphoria EP-7. If my plan to buy a Seagull Artist falls through for one reason or another, I'm thinking of this. I love the features, but I'm iffy on the looks (not that it really matters). I also really like Steve Vai. Obviously, sound and playability comes first and foremost, but I think one should be happy with how his guitar looks. Especially if it's over a grand. ;)

So what do you think, based on looks alone?

I'm probably gonna end up with the Seagull Artist, as it's quite awesome, but I just came across this a few minutes ago. Stupid GAS!

P.S. I also can't seem to find where it's made... I'm thinking Korea?
  2. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    It's a matter of taste, but I don't think it's bad. I wouldn't trade my Martin for it though.
  3. Baryonyx

Baryonyx Banned

Jul 11, 2005
    Marathon Man
    I love it, Steve has always been a man of taste, and on the occasions I have met him, a great guy too!
  4. it looks nice, but the strings are too small. :p
  5. I've personally always liked plain satin/oil plain wood finish to guitars and basses. I'm also not a big fan of complex inlays.

But, that said..this is a nice looking guitar. Would I buy it? If it sounds great, I'll overlook anything. But, I'm not the one buying it, you are.
  6. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    I always get curious w/ acoustics, especially in that price range. Why not Taylor or Martin?
  7. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Sadly, both are out of my price range. At least, the cutaway electric ones are. Besides, I'd feel weird playing a Taylor or C.F. Martin. They have always seemed 'above' me.

8. AxtoOx

Nov 12, 2005
    Duncan, Okla.
    Fair enough, just curious, I love them both, I just picked Martin which made me feel bad because I lived very close to the Taylor factory at the time.
  9. ElBajista

Dec 13, 2005
    Sebring, FL
    As green is my favorite color, I love the look of that guitar, especially the inlays and the part surrounding the soundhole.

Seems very "Celtic" to me, and being Irish, I think it looks great.
  10. I like it. Could be a better color, but it's not bad at all.
  11. Plus, it would burn much longer than say...a mandolin.:D
  12. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Thank you for the replies. Does anyone know how I could find out where this is made? I guess this would be considered a higher-end Ibanez, so are they made in Japan?

EDIT: Dammit, it's a laminated top. I can't believe Steve Vai wouldn't play a solid top guitar! :crying:
  13. Christopher

Apr 28, 2000
    New York, NY
    Looks nice, but it probably sounds anemic when played acoustically. Personally, I'd prefer a plainer looking guitar with a traditional dread or jumbo body and a solid top.
  14. Minger

Mar 15, 2004
    Rochester, NY
    I like it.

Mostly becuase its green. Nice inlays too...
  15. I don't like the sharp body line on the bottom horn. :meh:

Inlays are kinda off, too.
  16. d8g3jdh

d8g3jdh Guest

Aug 9, 2005
    What do you think of this guitar? Thats what counts.

That said, i like it
  17. BassGod

Jan 21, 2004
    Ha, I like it, but I don't know if I should pull the trigger. But I can't bear to save up anymore for that Seagull Artist series acoustic!

Also, if I get the I-been-had, I can pick one off the rack, whereas the Seagull would take 'several weeks' to be built for me.

18. bassjus

Mar 30, 2004
    I can't stand of look of those dumb horns. They put them on some of the artcores. ICK.
  19. Kael

Kael Supporting Member

Dec 26, 2004
    Oklahoma City
    Let's see...

I can make a broach, a pterodactyl, a hat....